moderated zoom or microsoft teams

Gery Gaubert

SO I am in a pinch, I have a podcast that I will be in on Thursday.  I have never used zoom or teams.  Any suggestions on which one works better with jaws?

Joe

Both are usable. However, I find that Zoom is more practical with Jaws because the scripts that have been written for it with Jaws.

Joe

Picture of Owl with Mortar Board and Computer

Dr. Joe L. Todd CVRT

Phone: 616.951.2142

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gery Gaubert
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2021 10:54 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: zoom or microsoft teams

SO I am in a pinch, I have a podcast that I will be in on Thursday.  I have never used zoom or teams.  Any suggestions on which one works better with jaws?

Mario

if using JAWS 2019 or earlier, you'll have to download and install the free scripts from Brian Hartgen's site( hartgen.org).
JAWS 2020 and newer already include the scripts.

-------- Original Message --------
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>, <jfw@groups.io>
Date: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 11:01 AM
Both are usable. However, I find that Zoom is more practical with Jaws
because the scripts that have been written for it with Jaws.

Joe

Picture of Owl with Mortar Board and Computer

Dr. Joe L. Todd CVRT

Phone: 616.951.2142

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Gery Gaubert
*Sent:* Sunday, February 14, 2021 10:54 AM
*To:* jfw@groups.io
*Subject:* zoom or microsoft teams

SO I am in a pinch, I have a podcast that I will be in on Thursday.  I
have never used zoom or teams.  Any suggestions on which one works
better with jaws?

David Diamond

I’m in twice a week meetings and have used zoom since the inception of the meetings via zoom in March 020.  The controls are simple, Alt A to mute or unmute yourself, Alt V to turn on or off your video etc. I have no idea about teams as I’ve either used facetime, skype or Zoom.  Now Facetime or zoom is my primary source of internet communication when I cannot call them without incurring long distance charges on my iPhone.  .   

Sent: February 14, 2021 7:54 AM

Shan Noyes

Senfrom2889 as long you have the latest rev of jaws either zoom or teams work just as well. my company uses teams and so i have spent a lot of time using teams and jaws together. cool features in teams with jaws are altland h hang up call. ability to set teams and jaws volume separately. use control shift anad m tol mute and unmute microphone. teams also supports text chat lhintfromGaubert<gerygaubert@...>rt<gerygaubert@...>net>wrote:e::

Brian Zolo

Zoom is far more intuitive than Microsoft teams.  BrianZolo

Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2021 10:54 AM

David Diamond

Sounds complicated.  The interesting thing is with Zoom some sighted persons cannot tell if they are muted or not.  The host is constantly telling them to mute themselves.  Myself, I just do the alt A command to find out if, indeed I am muted. Apparently there is a microphone in the taskbar, if it has a line through it, you are muted.  No line through and you are live.  Be careful what you say, everyone can hear what you really think of the presenter.  LOL.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shan Noyes
Sent: February 14, 2021 10:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Cc: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: zoom or microsoft teams

Senfrom2889 as long you have the latest rev of jaws either zoom or teams work just as well. my company uses teams and so i have spent a lot of time using teams and jaws together. cool features in teams with jaws are altland h hang up call. ability to set teams and jaws volume separately. use control shift anad m tol mute and unmute microphone. teams also supports text chat lhintfromGaubert<gerygaubert@...>rt<gerygaubert@...>net>wrote:e::