Topics

moderated Work Around until the Next JAWS Update for the New Edge.

Debbie April Yuille

Hi All

I’ve pasted a work-around for the problems we’ve been having until the next JAWS Update.

1. From Edge 79, go to address omnibox and type “edge://flags” (without quotes and EXACTLY AS SHOWN).

2. From experiments edit field, type “UI Automation” and press Tab.

3. From Native UI Automation combo box, choose “disabled” and restart Edge if prompted.

list end

HTH

Debbie

David Diamond

HTH?  No, sorry not in the least. I have no idea what the omnibox is.  I thought it was the address bar, apparently not.  I only use Edge if I E is not accepted by a website.

I’ve pasted a work-around for the problems we’ve been having until the next JAWS Update.

1. From Edge 79, go to address omnibox and type “edge://flags” (without quotes and EXACTLY AS SHOWN).

2. From experiments edit field, type “UI Automation” and press Tab.

3. From Native UI Automation combo box, choose “disabled” and restart Edge if prompted.

list end

HTH

Debbie

Debbie April Yuille

Sorry, I just pasted them in. The Omnibox is the Address bar.

Debbie

HTH?  No, sorry not in the least. I have no idea what the omnibox is.  I thought it was the address bar, apparently not.  I only use Edge if I E is not accepted by a website.

I’ve pasted a work-around for the problems we’ve been having until the next JAWS Update.

1. From Edge 79, go to address omnibox and type “edge://flags” (without quotes and EXACTLY AS SHOWN).

2. From experiments edit field, type “UI Automation” and press Tab.

3. From Native UI Automation combo box, choose “disabled” and restart Edge if prompted.

list end

HTH

Debbie

David Griffith

I search Start Page and it gave me the following result.

As far as I can tell it is indeed just the old Address Bar – just with extra functions built in by the Chromium engine so it can be used for more than simple entering of addresses.  For example you can apparently also do maths calculations in it.

The important thing is that you are not looking for another edit field to type in, just consider it as the address bar as before.

https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/o/omnibox.htm.