From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Arnold ABG
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 8:27 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Word 365 Quick Access

Group,

I want to add the Envelope Dialog to the Quick Access Bar.  I found the Envelope Dialog via the ribbon and located the Envelope Dialog.  I activated the context menu and added it to the Quick Access Bar.  Funny thing, JAWS does not read it as an option.  I rechecked my steps and the option to add Envelopes to the Quick Access Bar now states “unavailable.  Hope that all made sense…  I should add I am running Windows 11 with the latest build of JAWS.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Mark

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

I think the original question was actually about MS-Word, although that was not abundantly clear, that's for sure.  There's an awful lot of mixing of terminology, so you're probably correct that Outlook is under discussion.

I don't really recall ever having seen anything like "quick access" in Word.

More information and clarification is needed.

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

The unavailable indication means that Envelopes is already in your Quick Access Toolbar. Press Alt, then up arrow. You are now in the Quick Access Toolbar. Start arrowing left or right to see what’s there.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

I want to add the Envelope Dialog to the Quick Access Bar.  I found the Envelope Dialog via the ribbon and located the Envelope Dialog.  I activated the context menu and added it to the Quick Access Bar.  Funny thing, JAWS does not read it as an option.  I rechecked my steps and the option to add Envelopes to the Quick Access Bar now states “unavailable.  Hope that all made sense…  I should add I am running Windows 11 with the latest build of JAWS.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Mark

Mark Arnold ABG

Curtis,

Thanks for the reply.  Here is what I have found…  The Envelopes option does not appear on the Quick Access Tool Bar.  When I arrow up after hitting the Alt Key, I can arrow right and left with no Envelope option.  If I arrow to the search option on the Quick Access Tool Bar and type Envelope, I can find it and hit enter to activate.  My hope was that the Envelope Option would appear independently.  I hope that all made sense…

Mark

The unavailable indication means that Envelopes is already in your Quick Access Toolbar. Press Alt, then up arrow. You are now in the Quick Access Toolbar. Start arrowing left or right to see what’s there.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

I want to add the Envelope Dialog to the Quick Access Bar.  I found the Envelope Dialog via the ribbon and located the Envelope Dialog.  I activated the context menu and added it to the Quick Access Bar.  Funny thing, JAWS does not read it as an option.  I rechecked my steps and the option to add Envelopes to the Quick Access Bar now states “unavailable.  Hope that all made sense…  I should add I am running Windows 11 with the latest build of JAWS.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Mark

Curtis Chong

Hello Mark:

This makes sense, but I am at a loss to understand why Envelopes is not showing up in your Quick Access Toolbar. It certainly shows up on mine. Is it possible you have tons of items in the Quick Access Tolbar? If this was happening to me, I’d contact Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.