From: Mike B.
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:19 AM
To: JList
Subject: JAWS2022 February Build Update, 2202.38, Download Link + What's New

Hi All,

    Below is the direct download link plus what's new in this Jaws build, 2202.38, release.

Enhancements in JAWS 2022.2202.38 (February 2022)

The following is a list of improvements made between the December 2021 release and the February 2022 update.

Changes to Sentence Navigation Keystrokes in Desktop Layout

When using the JAWS Desktop keyboard layout, you can now press ALT+NUM PAD PLUS or ALT+NUM PAD MINUS to read the next or prior sentence in a document.
This allows ALT+UP or ALT+DOWN ARROW, previously used for sentence navigation, to work as intended by specific applications. For instance, using ALT+UP
or ALT+DOWN ARROW in Teams moves between open chats. The command to read the current sentence, ALT+NUM PAD 5, is still the same.

New Vocalizer Expressive Voices and Languages Now Available

The Add/Remove Voices utility in JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion now offers 27 new voices and 6 new languages. The new languages include:

list of 6 items
• Belgian French - Aude
• Farsi - Dariush
• Malay - Amira
• Slovenian - Tina
• Ukrainian - Lesya
• Vietnamese - Linh
list end

The new voices for existing languages are:

list of 21 items
• Arabic - Mariam
• Cantonese - Sin Ji
• English British - Stephanie
• English United States - Evan
• English United States - Noelle
• Hindi - Kiyara
• Japanese - Koharu
• Japanese - Nozomi
• Japanese - Seiji
• Korean - Minsu
• Korean - Nuri
• Mandarin Chinese - Bo Bo
• Mandarin Chinese - Lan Lan
• Mandarin Chinese - Lilian
• Mandarin Chinese - Lisheng
• Mandarin Chinese - Sha Sha
• Mandarin Chinese - Shan Shan
• Mandarin Chinese - Tao Tao
• Mandarin Chinese - Ting Ting
• Spanish Argentinian - Isabela
• Spanish Columbian - Ximena
list end

These new voices will only be listed in the Add/Remove Voices utility for version 2022 or higher. Existing voices that worked in version 2021 of our products
will continue to be available for use. If you look at the Add/Remove Programs list in Windows, you will notice that previous Vocalizer Expressive voices
are listed with a version 2.2 while the new voices are listed with a version 21. Note that some of the new voices include an "ML" description as part of
the name. This was done by Cerance, but can be ignored, and has no impact on how the voice sounds.

Other Changes
list of 18 items
speak a voice command like "Hey Sharky, Restart Program" at any time to restart JAWS or Fusion.
• When pressing ALT+WINDOWS+S in Zoom to silence alerts during webinars or meetings, they now only remain silent for the current JAWS session. The next
time you restart JAWS, you will once again receive alerts. To permanently turn off Zoom alerts, press INSERT+V while focused in Zoom to open Quick Settings,
and then toggle the Announce alerts option.
• Pressing INSERT+TAB in a Windows Save or Open file dialog box now announces the current file save location.
• If you choose to show the clock in the status cells of your braille display, dots 7 and 8 are no longer displayed in order to help make it easier to
read the time.
• In addition to improved navigation in Word documents and Outlook messages introduced in the initial 2022 release, JAWS and Fusion users should now also
experience improved performance when navigating Excel spreadsheets.
• When composing a message in Gmail using the Basic HTML view, resolved a reported issue where JAWS would constantly say "message body" while reviewing
with the ARROW keys.
• Resolved an issue in Google Docs where JAWS was not indicating tables when navigating by paragraphs (CTRL+UP ARROW or CTRL+DOWN ARROW) with Braille Support
enabled.
• When using Google Docs with Braille Support enabled, resolved an issue where JAWS was not indicating a new line while navigating by character.
• In Google Docs, as well as Word and editable messages in Outlook, JAWS no longer reads the entire contents of a table cell when navigating with the ARROW
keys. For example, if you are moving through a table using DOWN ARROW and you move to a different cell, JAWS now only reads the current line with focus
instead of the entire cell. JAWS only reads the entire cell when using the table reading commands (ALT+CTRL+ARROW keys).
• When navigating dialogs in certain web-based applications, resolved an issue where JAWS would sometimes read the dialog title instead of the label for
the current control.
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was not properly indicating indeterminate progress bars on web pages, which indicates that an operation is occurring, but
specific progress time is not available.
• Resolved an issue where using first letter navigation to move to specific items in the Links List (INSERT+F7) was not working as expected in some situations.
• Resolved a reported issue where JAWS would unexpectedly close if ALT+TAB was pressed while focused in the Search field of the Windows 11 Start menu.
• Added support for the Orbit Reader 40 braille display from Orbit Research.
• When using Mouse Echo, JAWS and Fusion no longer announces blank spaces as you move the mouse around the Desktop and only announces each icon as you
move to it. Additionally, while JAWS and Fusion will speak the first time the mouse moves to an element such as a control in a dialog box or ribbon, Mouse
Echo now remains silent until you move away from the current element to a different one.
• Improved support for Windows 11 SE, a simplified version of Windows installed on specific devices and intended for use in the classroom.
• Addressed issues with the Italian version of JAWS where certain keystrokes entered from a braille display such as the Focus were being incorrectly treated
as English keystrokes.
• Updated many emoji names for several languages and added new ones.
list end

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B.

Make sure the screen is maximized.  Press, Windows key + up arrow, or,
press, Alt + spacebar, then press, X.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.