moderated Windows update help needed

Jeff Lukacsena

Hello List,

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Dave Durber

Jeff:

Use the link below. The sight suggests at least 6 different solutions, which will hopefully solve your problem.\

Dave

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Jeff Lukacsena

Hi Dave,

I cannot seem to isolate to what update is causing the problem.

I just know the error is 0x800f0805

I tried the options listed, but cannot seem to fix this.

Any suggestions.

Jeff Lukacsena

Use the link below. The sight suggests at least 6 different solutions, which will hopefully solve your problem.\

Dave

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Curtis Chong

Hello:

Have you contacted the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk for help? The number is 1-800-936-5900.

Kind regards,

Curtis Chong

On Aug 17, 2021, at 10:31 AM, Jeff Lukacsena <jlukacsena@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

I cannot seem to isolate to what update is causing the problem.

I just know the error is 0x800f0805

I tried the options listed, but cannot seem to fix this.

Any suggestions.

Jeff Lukacsena

Use the link below. The sight suggests at least 6 different solutions, which will hopefully solve your problem.\

Dave

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Stan Holdeman

I am sorry to tell you that when I had this problem it turned out to be a faulty hard drive. After install of new hard drive, update went just fine.

Stan

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Marie

I would type the error code into the search field on Google.com and see if it tells you the problem and, hopefully you can get somewhere from there.

Marie

Use the link below. The sight suggests at least 6 different solutions, which will hopefully solve your problem.\

Dave

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Soronel Haetir

I had one system that the update kept failing, I ended up using the
update assistant from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
and it then worked fine (although the total update did take a couple
hours to install between the download and actual installation).

On 8/17/21, Marie <scribbles.mn@gmail.com> wrote:
I would type the error code into the search field on Google.com and see if
it tells you the problem and, hopefully you can get somewhere from there.

Marie

Use the link below. The sight suggests at least 6 different solutions,
which
will hopefully solve your problem.\

https://www.winosbite.com/fix-windows-update-error-0x800f0805/

Dave

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version
of
Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be
downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@comcast.net
<mailto:jlukacsena@comcast.net>

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

yeah Windows update error codes are in a Toria's Lee vague. Before you do anything drastic just try running the update assistant I suggested by another user. If that doesn't work you can also run scan disk or DISM. I can give you the documentation for running Dizm if you need it.

Randy Barnett

On Aug 16, 2021, at 9:57 PM, Jeff Lukacsena <jlukacsena@...> wrote:

Hello List,

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Loy

There is a Windows update troubleshooter that you might try.

yeah Windows update error codes are in a Toria's Lee vague. Before you do anything drastic just try running the update assistant I suggested by another user. If that doesn't work you can also run scan disk or DISM. I can give you the documentation for running Dizm if you need it.

Randy Barnett

On Aug 16, 2021, at 9:57 PM, Jeff Lukacsena <jlukacsena@...> wrote:

Hello List,

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Call Microsoft Accessibility, they should be able to sort I tout

Use the link below. The sight suggests at least 6 different solutions, which will hopefully solve your problem.\

Dave

I have a Linovo laptop running Windows 10 64-bit with most recetn version of Jaws.

When I run Windows update it says there are update, but they cannot be downloaded because of the following error:

0x800f0805

I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions, please e-mail me off list at jlukacsena@...

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Dave Durber

Jef:

If you have tried all the suggestions on the sight I suggested then as others have suggested, a call to the Microsoft Disability support team should be your next step.

I'm sorry I cannot help you further.