Topics

moderated windows mail keeps closing

Marvin Kotler

Good evening listers; first, using jaws 2021 and the latest version of windows.  When trying to read messages in windows mail, the program keeps closing.  Had this problem in  earlier versions of windows.  When I use NVDA  which I do not know how to use very well, there is no problem.  Just wondered if anyone else had this problem and wondered if there is a solution.  Merry Christmas to all.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

David Griffith

I have had this problem for months – Mail is no longer usable with Jaws for me and I have to use Windows Mail with either NVDA or Narrator.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Good evening listers; first, using jaws 2021 and the latest version of windows.  When trying to read messages in windows mail, the program keeps closing.  Had this problem in  earlier versions of windows.  When I use NVDA  which I do not know how to use very well, there is no problem.  Just wondered if anyone else had this problem and wondered if there is a solution.  Merry Christmas to all.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Melissa Stott

I seem to be having this problem also, especially when I try to go to the folders.  It seems to crash, and I have to close out and reopen it.  Very frustrating!

                                                                Melissa

Good evening listers; first, using jaws 2021 and the latest version of windows.  When trying to read messages in windows mail, the program keeps closing.  Had this problem in  earlier versions of windows.  When I use NVDA  which I do not know how to use very well, there is no problem.  Just wondered if anyone else had this problem and wondered if there is a solution.  Merry Christmas to all.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Randy Barnett

Why don’t you guys try Thunderbird? That’s pretty reliable and pretty accessible. I’ve been using it for years.

Randy Barnett

On Dec 25, 2020, at 9:13 AM, Melissa Stott <mstott789@...> wrote:

I seem to be having this problem also, especially when I try to go to the folders.  It seems to crash, and I have to close out and reopen it.  Very frustrating!

                                                                Melissa

Good evening listers; first, using jaws 2021 and the latest version of windows.  When trying to read messages in windows mail, the program keeps closing.  Had this problem in  earlier versions of windows.  When I use NVDA  which I do not know how to use very well, there is no problem.  Just wondered if anyone else had this problem and wondered if there is a solution.  Merry Christmas to all.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

David Griffith

Sorry you are having this problem but the application being talked about here is Windows Mail and not Outlook.

David G.