moderated Windows 11 laptop and Jaws

Rayn Darren

Good afternoon all,

I’m purchasing a new laptop for a friend who has limited computer  knowledge and I need to know if the latest version of Jaws and windows 11 are 100% compatible? If they’re not, how steep is the learning curve?

Thank you,

Sarah Hale

Work: 714.852.3238

Email: sarah.hale@...

Milton Ota

It is very compatibal.

I suggest that you and your friend visit and take in the lessons by former employee Dan Clark who has put together some very good material on Windows 11 using the latest version of JAWS. The URL Is:

https://www.dsurf.net

I suggest that you and your friend visit and take in the lessons by former employee Dan Clark who has put together some very good material on Windows 11 using the latest version of JAWS. The URL Is:

https://www.dsurf.net

I’m purchasing a new laptop for a friend who has limited computer  knowledge and I need to know if the latest version of Jaws and windows 11 are 100% compatible? If they’re not, how steep is the learning curve?

Thank you,

Sarah Hale

Work: 714.852.3238

Email: sarah.hale@...

cédric Paulet

Good afternoon, jaws 2021 and 2022 are compatible with windows 11.

Best regards

Cedric

I’m purchasing a new laptop for a friend who has limited computer  knowledge and I need to know if the latest version of Jaws and windows 11 are 100% compatible? If they’re not, how steep is the learning curve?

Thank you,

Sarah Hale

Work: 714.852.3238

Email: sarah.hale@...

Rayn Darren

Wonderful, thank you so much!

Good afternoon, jaws 2021 and 2022 are compatible with windows 11.

Best regards

Cedric

I’m purchasing a new laptop for a friend who has limited computer  knowledge and I need to know if the latest version of Jaws and windows 11 are 100% compatible? If they’re not, how steep is the learning curve?

Thank you,

Sarah Hale

Work: 714.852.3238

Email: sarah.hale@...

Mário Navarro <mario.gnv@...>

hi.

Yes, the JFW. 2022 In Windows 11, it is operating better than the NVDA.
This has not happened a long time ...
Finally the Freedom releases a good version of JFW. The JFW. 2022 This faster and smooth in W11, the NVDA is very slow and with several freezing issues.

It's also very good on W10.
Great work  in JFW 2022.
Recommend to all JFW 2022 in W11.
Cheers.

Às 22:00 de 20/01/2022, Milton Ota escreveu:

It is very compatibal.

I suggest that you and your friend visit and take in the lessons by former employee Dan Clark who has put together some very good material on Windows 11 using the latest version of JAWS. The URL Is:

https://www.dsurf.net

I’m purchasing a new laptop for a friend who has limited computer  knowledge and I need to know if the latest version of Jaws and windows 11 are 100% compatible? If they’re not, how steep is the learning curve?

Thank you,

Sarah Hale

Work: 714.852.3238

Email: sarah.hale@...

David Csercsics

This is incorrect. I have had no issues with either screen reader on Windows 10 or 11 on this computer.  The Windows 11 is actually faster in both cases, though JAWS is predictably more resource intensive than NVDA.

Michael Munn

With Jaws a person pays for the user quality this is why the screen reader costs $1200. On the other hand with NVDA, a user doesn't have to pay anything because the application is open sourced. Freedom scientific have more money to make Jaws user friendly because they have the money and resource to do so. On the other hand, NVACCESS rely on donation and user contribution unorder to keep the project going.

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:52 PM David Csercsics <bleeblat@...> wrote:
This is incorrect. I have had no issues with either screen reader on
Windows 10 or 11 on this computer.  The Windows 11 is actually faster in
both cases, though JAWS is predictably more resource intensive than NVDA.

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

And let us not forget that for individual users, JAWS Annual Home License is available for $95 per year and there is no need to fron the $1,000.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

With Jaws a person pays for the user quality this is why the screen reader costs $1200. On the other hand with NVDA, a user doesn't have to pay anything because the application is open sourced. Freedom scientific have more money to make Jaws user friendly because they have the money and resource to do so. On the other hand, NVACCESS rely on donation and user contribution unorder to keep the project going.

Steve Nutt

Depends on which app you run.

JAWS is zillions times faster in outlook for example, than NVDA.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...
This is incorrect. I have had no issues with either screen reader on Windows 10 or 11 on this computer. The Windows 11 is actually faster in both cases, though JAWS is predictably more resource intensive than NVDA.

Steve Nutt

Only in the US, don’t forget that either.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close