moderated windows 11 and internet browsing

Gery Gaubert

Is there a tutorial or book on using Microsoft edge?  Seems Microsoft really wants you to use edge and I am not familiar with it at all.

If you happen to be familiar with the Google Chrome browser you will feel quite at home with Microsoft Edge.  Edge has retained Microsoft's preferred terminology for bookmarks, which is favorites, but that's about the only really major difference.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Karina Castro

Hello Gery, do you know Chrome?  Or infact, do you know Firefox?

If you have used Chrome, you really can find in Edge a copy of Chrome, because Edge was developped using Chromium as motor in its base. So brousing with Edge is very very symilar to making with Chrome.

Now if you prefer Firefox you can install it and enjoy too.  Perhaps I believe that Windows don't want much Firefox and its performancing in this system is something erratic.  So, finally you can choose the best option for you.

Nice brousing!

--
Salu2, Kari

Bill White

Hi, Gery. First, Microsoft Edge are somewhat alike, because they are both Chromium browsers. Second, by going into Settings within Microsoft Edge, you can turn off a lot of clutter by opening Settings, selecting Privacy, search and services, and making sure the following items are not checked,

Save time and money with Shopping in Microsoft Edge,

Show opportunities to support causes and nonprofits you care about

Show travel recommendations in Microsoft Edge

You can also set the page to which Microsoft Edge opens by going to, Start, Home, and New Tabs. Click the button that causes the Home Button to display, and you can set both a Start Page, and a Home Page, which is accessed by ALT plus the HOME key, when in the browser window.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Kestrel Verlager <kestrell@...>