moderated windows 11

Marvin Hunkin

Hi. My processor I 3  7020 u processor not supported. And some one was saying they are getting updates for now. Should I install windows 11 now on my current system. Got the pc health check and only thing not supported my processor. Have not got 21 h 2 for windows 10, but not much. And Microsoft will  their efforsts on windows 11, not windows 10. From I read. So have everything backed up to my external drive. Do I just install the iso, manually, or can I do this over the top of use the media creation tool.

Got jaws 2022 beta 2 on my laptop testing.

And nvda 2021.2. any thoughts.

What would you do. Looking to purchase a new laptop in the next three to four months, December or January probably early December or maybe mid December, as mid  going in for my  ioedene treatment and they have to then clean and take away my laptop when I come out after three days. And so looking to purchase a new asuss, with a faster  16 gb ram, 1 to 2 tb ssd drive, audio jack, great audio, 15 inch screen.

Thanks.processor,radioactive January .concentrate 7

Chris Hill

Why would you want to install an unsupported operating system?  My understanding is that if you do, you may not get security updates.  I'd install the latest version of windows 10 and be content, even if you really want 11, you probably don't want it for the first six months, unless you like  using your computer for a door stop instead of a computer.  Leave the first little while to those with spare computers.

CH

On 10/14/2021 22:31, Marvin Hunkin wrote:

[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

He seems to think the world will end if he can't run Windows 11. You are of course entirely correct, installing Windows 11 by some sort of hack is probably the worst thing you can do and there is absolutely no reason for it. I still hear of things like File Explorer being fairly sluggish with all screenreaders in Windows 11 and while I am also curious about Windows 11, I am in no particular hurry and have a feeling that once I do maybe install it on the one computer I currently own which says it can run it I will be underwhelmed and find that on a day-to-day bases it will make little difference.

[...]

Loy

I have updated my main computer to Windows 11 and I am  seeing so little difference that I don't plan to upgrade my other computer----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 1:25 PM

[...]

I really haven't read much about functionality in windows 11 that will make any difference to me.  I don't care where the start button is on the task bar, as long as the windows key still brings it up.  This computer can run it, but I've already read of a problem with my brand of printer/scanner not working via usb under 11.  Sure, I can connect via network, but that will likely reduce scanning speed.  I'm not going to get too excited until customers start with windows 11 questions.  That may be a while.

Windows 10 was a huge step forward over 8, but 11 sounds like a nothing burger.

CH

On 10/15/2021 12:25, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

[...]

If you have no issues and all is working well and both computers are capable of Windows 11 and you are running Jaws 2022 or whatever version of NVDA which fully supports Windows 11 then I don't know why you wouldn't upgrade. Yes, Windows 10 will be supported for 4 more years, but if all was well I'd still upgrade.

Do you not find File Explorer to be slow to respond when navigating longer lists of folders and files?

[...]

Leo

Hey guys, this message is particularly for those who are quite anxious to run Windows 11 in your computers. You are not missing absolutely anything.

Best,

     Leo Bado.

[...]

Madison Martin

Glad to know, however I know that Windows 10 eventually won’t be supported anymore and then I’ll have to upgrade so I figure I might as well do it once I get it. Is there any way to find out when my PC might get it?

[...]

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

If you force an operating system, I do not care which operating system, on to a computer that does not support it, you will get exactly what you deserve.
Likely a bricked computer, or at least one that has major issues′
Minimum specs are there for a reason; and it is not to sell more computers.
But, each person can do what they want, but do not complain about the results.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." -- Jane Wagner

website:  www.turner42.com

(Sent with my blue iPhone 13 Pro)

[...]

No, you get it when you get it.

[...]

Dave Durber

Maddison:

I have received an update notice that Windows 11 is available for my computer, however, I was informed, that the download could not go ahead because, I do not have the necessary function turned on in the BIOS. As I have said previously, I am going to wait for at least 6 months to a year, before I upgrade. And, when I do upgrade, I will probably perform a new install of Windows 11.

Dave

[...]

I don't think there is necessarily a need for a clean install, you can always do one if you find there are issues, but I would do the in-place upgrade first and if all is well you save yourself a lot of time.

[...]

James English

Hi Richard,

I was given to understand that a lot of the 'minimum specs' this time
were in place because microsoft has strangely decided it cares about
your security. I don't think it's because they're required for
functionality, but more because microsoft thinks it owns your
computer.

I don't think there is necessarily a need for a clean install, you can
always do one if you find there are issues, but I would do the in-place
upgrade first and if all is well you save yourself a lot of time.

Glad to know, however I know that Windows 10 eventually won’t be supported
anymore and then I’ll have to upgrade so I figure I might as well do it once
I get it. Is there any way to find out when my PC might get it?

Hey guys, this message is particularly for those who are quite anxious to
run Windows 11 in your computers. You are not missing absolutely anything.

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not."
Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

[...]

Steve Nutt

Hi,

I always do a clean install for major OS updates, I think it generally improves performance.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close