Topics

windows 10 update?

Stan Holdeman

I came back to my computer a little while ago to find a screen saying my windows 10 needed to be updated. It gave me three options: set a time, remind me later, restart now. The strange thing is that none of the options worked. Nothing happened. Had to shut down the computer to be rid of the screen.

I am running W10 with automatic updates on. Also running J2020 June update.

What is hapeenin?

Stan

Is that notification in the Action Center?

I have often had these sorts of notifications remain in the Action Center even if the computer restarted itself outside of active hours for a cumulative update.  And when that's the case, the notification won't "do" anything since what needs to be done already occurred.  I wish they'd just automatically purge that sort of notification on restart when automatic restart outside active hours has occurred.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Stan Holdeman

This was a screen in the middle of the monitor.

Stan

Is that notification in the Action Center?

I have often had these sorts of notifications remain in the Action Center even if the computer restarted itself outside of active hours for a cumulative update.  And when that's the case, the notification won't "do" anything since what needs to be done already occurred.  I wish they'd just automatically purge that sort of notification on restart when automatic restart outside active hours has occurred.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Van Lant, Robin

I think that happened to me last week and I gave up on trying to defer it and just went to the update and shut down option in the start menu.

I came back to my computer a little while ago to find a screen saying my windows 10 needed to be updated. It gave me three options: set a time, remind me later, restart now. The strange thing is that none of the options worked. Nothing happened. Had to shut down the computer to be rid of the screen.

I am running W10 with automatic updates on. Also running J2020 June update.

What is hapeenin?

Stan

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Pastor Gil Pries