Topics

windows 10 update?

Stan Holdeman

I came back to my computer a little while ago to find a screen saying my windows 10 needed to be updated. It gave me three options: set a time, remind me later, restart now. The strange thing is that none of the options worked. Nothing happened. Had to shut down the computer to be rid of the screen.

I am running W10 with automatic updates on. Also running J2020 June update.

What is hapeenin?

Stan

Is that notification in the Action Center?

I have often had these sorts of notifications remain in the Action Center even if the computer restarted itself outside of active hours for a cumulative update.  And when that's the case, the notification won't "do" anything since what needs to be done already occurred.  I wish they'd just automatically purge that sort of notification on restart when automatic restart outside active hours has occurred.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Stan Holdeman

This was a screen in the middle of the monitor.

Stan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 4:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows 10 update?

Is that notification in the Action Center?

I have often had these sorts of notifications remain in the Action Center even if the computer restarted itself outside of active hours for a cumulative update.  And when that's the case, the notification won't "do" anything since what needs to be done already occurred.  I wish they'd just automatically purge that sort of notification on restart when automatic restart outside active hours has occurred.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Van Lant, Robin

I think that happened to me last week and I gave up on trying to defer it and just went to the update and shut down option in the start menu. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stan Holdeman
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 2:36 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: windows 10 update?

I came back to my computer a little while ago to find a screen saying my windows 10 needed to be updated. It gave me three options: set a time, remind me later, restart now. The strange thing is that none of the options worked. Nothing happened. Had to shut down the computer to be rid of the screen.

What is hapeenin?

Stan

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Pastor Gil Pries

It worked for me.

Pastor Gil

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 10:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows 10 update?

I think that happened to me last week and I gave up on trying to defer it and just went to the update and shut down option in the start menu. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stan Holdeman
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 2:36 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: windows 10 update?

What is hapeenin?

Stan

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.