moderated Windows 10 calculator refuse to display the answer

Michael Munn

hi all, I hope y'all have a nice day. i'm sending this email just want to ask y'all a question. Recently I experienced a problem windows 10 calculator. Everytime when I use it, it refuse to display the answers via Braille and speech output.  I don't know if y'all had  experienced this issue before. I'm using the latest update of Jaws 2021 Screenreader.

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

I realize this does not answer your question, but it does present another option should you prefer it.  I am not a huge fan of the Win10 calculator app, preferring the more "old-school" calculator.  I archived the installer for Microsoft Calculator Plus on my Google Drive quite a while back.

It's another option, and it neither removes nor replaces the Win10 Calculator App when installed.  It's what I keep on my taskbar as the calculator of choice.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Loy

I had this issue and it was caused by a corrupt migration of settings from JAWS 2020 to JAWS 2021. Here are the steps to fix the problem from FS support.
1. Go to JAWS Insert + J
2. Go to the Utilities option
3. Right arrow to expand.
4. Down arrow to Explore Utilities folder and press Enter.
5. Down arrow to Explore My Settings and press Enter
6.Press Insert + T you should hear Enu.
7. If this is true then do Ctrl + A to select all.
8. Press Delete then Enter
9. Close JAWS and Relaunch JAWS.
10. After relaunching JAWS when asked if you want to migrate user settings tab to no and press Enter.
11. Let us know if you  still have problems.
I think what is happening is we are migrating corruption and this will allow us to start over with default settings.

hi all, I hope y'all have a nice day. i'm sending this email just want to ask y'all a question. Recently I experienced a problem windows 10 calculator. Everytime when I use it, it refuse to display the answers via Braille and speech output.  I don't know if y'all had  experienced this issue before. I'm using the latest update of Jaws 2021 Screenreader.

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

Richard Turner

So does this wipe out all your settings, so you have to go through and reset everything manually like voice, how much feedback chatter you get from Jaws, etc.?

If so, sounds like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 10:10 AM, Richard Turner wrote:
If so, sounds like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.
-
Agreed there!

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Richard Turner

Thanks for this Brian.

Note that when you run the .exe file, it is defaulting to conversion rther than simple calculations, though they work.

It also doesn’t speak but it shows up nicely on a braille display.  With Jaws you can just read the current line to get the result, pretty easy.

To change the setting, hit alt+v and I find choosing standard and/or classic works very nicely.

I obviously haven’t tested it extensively, but this is way better than the Windows 10 app with Jaws.

Unless the solution of nuking your settings that was mentioned makes the Windows 10 calculator work as advertised in the Jaws 2021 latest update….?

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com