Topics

Winamp doesn't load scripts

Mario

when I want to play a stream by entering on a PLS file, Winamp starts the playback. however, if I want to use the presets to adjust the volume level (control+alt+comma, period, or slash (33%, 66% or 100%)), I cannot because I have to alt+tab to the Winamp window, and the scripts have not loaded. I know this because if I press insert+q, JAWS says:
Windows Explorer settings are loaded
The application currently being used is Winamp.exe

so I then press insert+numrow 0, in which JAWS says:

JAWS Script Manager - [Shared:explorerframe.JSS]
Shared:explorerframe.JSS

Steve Matzura

Oh, this is an old nemesis. Sometimes Windows does weird weird things with focus. Another one you'll find is that if you're playing a real track, not a stream, and you attempt to use the script commands to have JAWS speak time elapsed or time remaining, JAWS will say "Alt Shift T" and "Control Shift T" respectively. For best results, close all other windows but Winamp, or deal with the abberrant behavior which has been going on forever. I don't understand it, and frankly, I don't know anyone else who does.