moderated win 11

Drew Hunthausen

Hi everyone,

Wondering who has used Win 11 with Jaws and how it works. I know nothing about it and wondering advantages over win 10? Thanks

Ann Byrne

Dan Clark has done a number of training videos/mp3/text documents concerning windows 11. A trainer for years at Freedom Scientific, Dan always does a great job at explaining things. Which is to say that I haven't yet read the transcripts of his lessons, but I am sure they are excellent.

the link is
\
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0016XqFKHvic4qQAXHZlOSffTvtBv11hGEWW2ZdU-c4P1de0QMnEFYxGCShNPHbn8wN3t4Ep3fBmdLmmcqTbH96G_KyF-he5Td_ZjSIXa-aVOsiC5PYGEOCtAn93g893DoMBAcn4ebJUY4RYNCSE7-QiXIBlojbARDvjwfcRE99ZwU=&c=b04eMd4F-LBrdF8nXgOZyUImCDmT_FCg40TKJF7PsJU2u3zl7Zuthg==&ch=SHy_Y7wcDQWjaR5k1IjSzN8q2N-YsfYvhCU5xiCkLoETI4ozX_3bDw==>https://dsurf.net/windows-11-training/

At 11:20 PM 11/18/2021, you wrote:

Hi everyone,

Wondering who has used Win 11 with Jaws and how it works. I know nothing about it and wondering advantages over win 10? Thanks

Jeff Christiansen

Great resource, just cleaned-up the link

[...]

Michael Hunsaker

No real advantages I have seen to 11 over 10. They are still ironing out a few weird behaviors in windows 11 regardless the screen reader. They will get there.

I don’t see a benefit of the update yet. But it is also not a dealbreaker. NVDA JAWS and SuperNova all work just fine.

--
Michael Ryan Hunsaker, M.Ed., Ph.D. (he/him)
NLS-LOC Certified UEB Transcriber

Voice/Text
Office +1 (801) 402-5955
Google Voice +1 (385) 645-7021
(text message or call and leave a voicemail, and I will return your call ASAP)
Email ryhunsaker@...
 Mailing Addresses
(Primary)
Davis High School
325 South Main St
Kaysville, UT 84037

(Secondary)
Fairfield Jr. High
951 Fairfield Rd
Kaysville, UT 84037

FERPA/HIPPA CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
Please keep in mind that communications via email over the internet are not secure. Although it is unlikely, there is a possibility that information you include in an email can be intercepted and read by other parties besides the person to whom it is addressed.
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.