Topics

moderated #Win10_2004 #win10_2004

romance's prince

hi, dears
please, i just installed win10 2004  with jaws 2019-June
i'm facing some issues:
1- unable to read windows settings windows+I
2- also noticed that vertual curser didn't work too,
i did windows update for drivers and repair jaws, still problem, any fix for this?

another point how i access wifi, usually in win7; press F12 to open it (hp laptop) then from system tray left click to let it search for wifi and select the one i want to join
here i can't.
left click show airplane and like this...

i'm new to windows 10 any help?
  thanks

Richard Turner

Sadly, in windows 10, Jaws is mostly useless in the Settings.

I think you may be able to use the touch cursor or the jaws cursor, but I just unload Jaws or put it into Speak on Demand and launch Narrator with control+windows+enter, do what I need to do in settings, then unload Narrator with the same hotkey.

I’m not sure about the WiFi issue.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of romance's prince via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 6:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: #Win10_2004

hi, dears
i'm facing some issues:
i did windows update for drivers and repair jaws, still problem, any fix for this?

another point how i access wifi, usually in win7; press F12 to open it (hp laptop) then from system tray left click to let it search for wifi and select the one i want to join
here i can't.

thanks

Jason White

I would suggest upgrading to JAWS 2020. If that isn't enough to fix it, a complete reinstallation of Windows would be a good idea.

On 6/21/20 9:19 AM, romance's prince via groups.io wrote:
hi, dears
i'm facing some issues:

here i can't.

thanks

Richard, I am surprised regarding your statements, for me Jaws 2020 works just fine in Settings and if I switch to the Jaws cursor, which in settings activates the scan cursor, I can read all the same information I can read with Narrator

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 6:36 AM
Subject: Re: #Win10_2004

I think you may be able to use the touch cursor or the jaws cursor, but I just unload Jaws or put it into Speak on Demand and launch Narrator with control+windows+enter, do what I need to do in settings, then unload Narrator with the same hotkey.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of romance's prince via groups.io

hi, dears
i'm facing some issues:

here i can't.

thanks

Melissa Stott

The settings in windows 10 works fine for me as well, and I do not have to turn on Touch Cursor.

Melissa

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 2:21 PM

Richard, I am surprised regarding your statements, for me Jaws 2020 works just fine in Settings and if I switch to the Jaws cursor, which in settings activates the scan cursor, I can read all the same information I can read with Narrator

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 6:36 AM

Richard

hi, dears
i'm facing some issues:

here i can't.

thanks

Dan Longmore

Hi,

IF the issue is still not resolved I would recommend a uninstall of JAWS and then a re install.  Be sure to leave shared components if you have other Freedom Scientific products on your system.  I am guessing here, but sounds like something went awry with the JAWS install.  Sometimes even a repair cannot fix the issue. 

My recommendation would be last resort as myself and others are not having the same issue.

Although I , know from personal experience, that just because others don’t have the issue does not make it any less real or problematic.

Proverbs 3:5 -6

Dan

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 9:20 AM

hi, dears
i'm facing some issues:

here i can't.

thanks