Topics

moderated #Win10_2004 #win10_2004

romance's prince

hi, dears
please, i just installed win10 2004  with jaws 2019-June
i'm facing some issues:
1- unable to read windows settings windows+I
2- also noticed that vertual curser didn't work too,
i did windows update for drivers and repair jaws, still problem, any fix for this?

another point how i access wifi, usually in win7; press F12 to open it (hp laptop) then from system tray left click to let it search for wifi and select the one i want to join
here i can't.
left click show airplane and like this...

i'm new to windows 10 any help?
  thanks

Richard Turner

Sadly, in windows 10, Jaws is mostly useless in the Settings.

I think you may be able to use the touch cursor or the jaws cursor, but I just unload Jaws or put it into Speak on Demand and launch Narrator with control+windows+enter, do what I need to do in settings, then unload Narrator with the same hotkey.

I’m not sure about the WiFi issue.

Richard

please, i just installed win10 2004  with jaws 2019-June
i'm facing some issues:
1- unable to read windows settings windows+I
2- also noticed that vertual curser didn't work too,
i did windows update for drivers and repair jaws, still problem, any fix for this?

another point how i access wifi, usually in win7; press F12 to open it (hp laptop) then from system tray left click to let it search for wifi and select the one i want to join
here i can't.
left click show airplane and like this...

i'm new to windows 10 any help?
  thanks

Jason White

I would suggest upgrading to JAWS 2020. If that isn't enough to fix it, a complete reinstallation of Windows would be a good idea.

On 6/21/20 9:19 AM, romance's prince via groups.io wrote:
hi, dears
please, i just installed win10 2004  with jaws 2019-June
i'm facing some issues:
1- unable to read windows settings windows+I
2- also noticed that vertual curser didn't work too,
i did windows update for drivers and repair jaws, still problem, any fix for this?

another point how i access wifi, usually in win7; press F12 to open it (hp laptop) then from system tray left click to let it search for wifi and select the one i want to join
here i can't.
left click show airplane and like this...

i'm new to windows 10 any help?
  thanks

Richard, I am surprised regarding your statements, for me Jaws 2020 works just fine in Settings and if I switch to the Jaws cursor, which in settings activates the scan cursor, I can read all the same information I can read with Narrator

please, i just installed win10 2004  with jaws 2019-June
i'm facing some issues:
1- unable to read windows settings windows+I
2- also noticed that vertual curser didn't work too,
i did windows update for drivers and repair jaws, still problem, any fix for this?

another point how i access wifi, usually in win7; press F12 to open it (hp laptop) then from system tray left click to let it search for wifi and select the one i want to join
here i can't.
left click show airplane and like this...

i'm new to windows 10 any help?
  thanks

Melissa Stott

The settings in windows 10 works fine for me as well, and I do not have to turn on Touch Cursor.

                                                Melissa

Richard, I am surprised regarding your statements, for me Jaws 2020 works just fine in Settings and if I switch to the Jaws cursor, which in settings activates the scan cursor, I can read all the same information I can read with Narrator

please, i just installed win10 2004  with jaws 2019-June
i'm facing some issues:
1- unable to read windows settings windows+I
2- also noticed that vertual curser didn't work too,
i did windows update for drivers and repair jaws, still problem, any fix for this?

another point how i access wifi, usually in win7; press F12 to open it (hp laptop) then from system tray left click to let it search for wifi and select the one i want to join
here i can't.
left click show airplane and like this...

i'm new to windows 10 any help?
  thanks

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  IF the issue is still not resolved I would recommend a uninstall of JAWS and then a re install.  Be sure to leave shared components if you have other Freedom Scientific products on your system.  I am guessing here, but sounds like something went awry with the JAWS install.  Sometimes even a repair cannot fix the issue.

My recommendation would be last resort as myself and others are not having the same issue.

Although I , know from personal experience, that just because others don’t have the issue does not make it any less real or problematic.

Proverbs 3:5 -6

Dan