moderated Will SMA's continue, was RE: Freedom Scientific Software Sale

Richard Turner

Here is my question to him:

Good morning, or afternoon; whenever you read this,

On one of the Jaws lists, the issue of to SMA or not to SMA has been coming up because of the sale.

It is being said that the SMA is going to be faded out and everyone wil be forced into the annual license.

Is that true?

Here is his response:

Hi Richard,

Not at all. There are currently two options and I expect that to continue.

If you are in ILM and current, maintaining a two year SMA is an option today. $150 is retail and you can get it during the show for $120. Pretty good deal.

For those who have let their license lapse, or don't own one, than paying annually with the Portal solution will likely be less expensive and thousands of customers have gone that direction.

Eric

From: Freedom Scientific Blog

WordPress.com

New post on Freedom Scientific Blog
avatar/1f25be95346904cf356387171bfc7549

Take Advantage of our Software Discounts
by
Elizabeth Whitaker

Freedom Scientific is offering a 20 percent discount on software for customers living in the U.S. With the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) 2021
National Convention right around the corner, there’s no better time to purchase a new software license or renew an existing one.

Home Annual License

Receive a 20 percent discount when purchasing a new Home Annual license of JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion. Visit the
Home Annual page of the Freedom Scientific e-store to purchase your license. You will not need a code to receive this discount. It will be automatically applied upon purchase.

If you already have a Home Annual license and want to renew it, log into the
Freedom Scientific Licensing Portal,

and select Renew. The discount is automatically applied to your purchase. The renewal term you choose will be added onto the end of your existing license
no matter where you are in your current term.

Home ILM Upgrades and SMAs

If you have a Home Internet License Manager (ILM) and need to purchase an upgrade or add a software maintenance agreement (SMA), the same 20 percent discount
applies. Visit the
Freedom Scientific Serial Number Lookup Page

 and enter your serial number to check your licensing status. You will not need a code to receive this discount. It will be automatically applied when
purchasing an ILM or SMA.

OpenBook

Currently, OpenBook software for home use is specially priced at $195.00, but you can get this price only by calling Freedom Scientific Customer Service
at 800-444-4443.

Pro Licenses

If you have purchased a Pro license for JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion for use at home, you can receive a 20 percent discount when purchasing an upgrade and/or
SMA. Contact Customer Service at 800-444-4443 to receive this discount. The 20 percent discount will apply to the Pro software upgrades and SMAs for users
who want to keep their Pro licenses rather than switching to home licenses.

Vispero NFB Event Page

Visit the
Vispero NFB Event

 page for all the details, plus learn about discounts for low vision hardware devices and the Pearl camera. Check out Vispero’s schedule of events and
join us at the 2021 NFB National Convention!

Elizabeth Whitaker
 | July 2, 2021 at 7:48 pm | Tags:
Freedom-Scientific-Licensing-Portal,
Freedom-Scientific-software,
Freedom-Scientific-software-updates

David Diamond

Vaughan, all this flowery talk about subscriptions verses SMA, is, nice for Americans.  However, you and I could never take advantage of any of it because we do not live in the U S.  The explanation seemed to be from Visparo and Freedom before that was, they are working on making the subscription available to ones outside the U S. However, With the expediency that they seem to be moving on this venture, 2025 is not an unreasonable year as to when they may or may not have subscriptions available to non U S citizens. Especially when you factor in that they’ve been working on this query for years litteraryly.

Take Advantage of our Software Discounts
by
Elizabeth Whitaker

Freedom Scientific is offering a 20 percent discount on software for customers living in the U.S. With the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) 2021
National Convention right around the corner, there’s no better time to purchase a new software license or renew an existing one.

Home Annual License

Receive a 20 percent discount when purchasing a new Home Annual license of JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion. Visit the
Home Annual page of the Freedom Scientific e-store to purchase your license. You will not need a code to receive this discount. It will be automatically applied upon purchase.

If you already have a Home Annual license and want to renew it, log into the
Freedom Scientific Licensing Portal,

and select Renew. The discount is automatically applied to your purchase. The renewal term you choose will be added onto the end of your existing license
no matter where you are in your current term.

Home ILM Upgrades and SMAs

If you have a Home Internet License Manager (ILM) and need to purchase an upgrade or add a software maintenance agreement (SMA), the same 20 percent discount
applies. Visit the
Freedom Scientific Serial Number Lookup Page

 and enter your serial number to check your licensing status. You will not need a code to receive this discount. It will be automatically applied when
purchasing an ILM or SMA.

OpenBook

Currently, OpenBook software for home use is specially priced at $195.00, but you can get this price only by calling Freedom Scientific Customer Service
at 800-444-4443.

Pro Licenses

If you have purchased a Pro license for JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion for use at home, you can receive a 20 percent discount when purchasing an upgrade and/or
SMA. Contact Customer Service at 800-444-4443 to receive this discount. The 20 percent discount will apply to the Pro software upgrades and SMAs for users
who want to keep their Pro licenses rather than switching to home licenses.

Vispero NFB Event Page

Visit the
Vispero NFB Event

 page for all the details, plus learn about discounts for low vision hardware devices and the Pearl camera. Check out Vispero’s schedule of events and
join us at the 2021 NFB National Convention!

Elizabeth Whitaker
 | July 2, 2021 at 7:48 pm | Tags:
Freedom-Scientific-Licensing-Portal,
Freedom-Scientific-software,
Freedom-Scientific-software-updates

Vaughan Dodd

My dealer explained that the website is  primarily just for the ,us. So dealers vary in how proactive they are. We do not owe any loyalty to visor to and I don't have any loyalty to them.

Vaughan.

Vaughan Dodd

Vdodd001@...

+6421 784 856