Which version of Microsoft Teams works better with JAWS?

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I’ve had a bad experience with the Microsoft Teams app, and was wondering if the web one is better? At least this time I have the keyboard shortcuts, so that’ll help no matter which one I use.

Have a blessed day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly

Vaughan Dodd

I think it would be helpful if you described what your bad experience was?

It integrates with Office 365, and my limited exposure suggests to me that corporate administrators can turn on or off specific components of the Teams suite.

Vaughan.

I’ve had a bad experience with the Microsoft Teams app, and was wondering if the web one is better? At least this time I have the keyboard shortcuts, so that’ll help no matter which one I use.

Have a blessed day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly

Kevin Minor

Hi Vaughan.

When I first learned training that I’d attended used Teams, I downloaded the app and tested my USB headset. I heard myself through Teams, so I thought it would be simple to use. I couldn’t have been more wrong. My first problem was joining the meeting. I didn’t find a Join button. I did get into the room, but I still don’t know how I did it. Next, I learned nobody could hear me. It took me a couple of hours to figure out how to unmute the mic. After that, the instructor wanted me to do a screen share, and there was no obvious way to do it. It all ended with me accidentally leaving the meeting, and I didn’t know how to get back in. Once I calmed down from panicking, I did think of shortcut keys, but it was too late.

This is why I’m asking whether the app or the web interface is better. I do have a list of shortcut keys, so I can control the mic, screen share, and such. I’m still unsure how to join a specific meeting in the app.

That’s what happened. I want things to go as smooth as possible, so any pointers would be appreciated.

Have a blessed day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly

I think it would be helpful if you described what your bad experience was?

It integrates with Office 365, and my limited exposure suggests to me that corporate administrators can turn on or off specific components of the Teams suite.

Vaughan.

I’ve had a bad experience with the Microsoft Teams app, and was wondering if the web one is better? At least this time I have the keyboard shortcuts, so that’ll help no matter which one I use.

Have a blessed day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly

Vaughan Dodd

Hi Kevin.

Web interface might give you more success.

I have not used the app.

I have had a brief look at the app on my phone – so not a Jaws topic of itself – and found it very unhelpful.

For Jaws people, Teams is easier to work with if you have a braille display. The configuration that I have has the web based interface divided into several tabs which you arrow between. Once in a tab, you tab between elements.

To start off with, I would encourage an training to be in the same physical room – you and trainer together.