Topics

moderated Which address do I use to contact the JAWS list please?

Ron Kolesar

For my fellow JAWS users.
I'm seeing two different addresses for shipping letters to the jaws mailing list.
The two addresses are:
main@jfw.groups.io
jaws@groups.io
Now just when I have the correct address figured out so that the message rule that I have set up for the address will go to the jaws mailbox, it still shows up in the inbox.
So, that the JAWS mail will start going into the jaws mailbox, which address should I use please?
Many thanks.
Ron KR3DOG
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Jessica D

Hi,
You will want to use the first one you mentioned.
It’s also the address you sent your message to.

Thanks,
Jessica

I'm seeing two different addresses for shipping letters to the jaws mailing
list.
The two addresses are:
main@jfw.groups.io
jaws@groups.io
Now just when I have the correct address figured out so that the message
rule that I have set up for the address will go to the jaws mailbox, it
still shows up in the inbox.
So, that the JAWS mail will start going into the jaws mailbox, which address
should I use please?
Many thanks.
Ron KR3DOG
Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Mario

I noticed that too. I was wondering about the two addresses, do they belong to different mailing lists, if so, what's the difference?

Get Outlook for iOS <https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
I'm seeing two different addresses for shipping letters to the jaws mailing
list.
The two addresses are:
main@jfw.groups.io
jaws@groups.io
Now just when I have the correct address figured out so that the message
rule that I have set up for the address will go to the jaws mailbox, it
still shows up in the inbox.
So, that the JAWS mail will start going into the jaws mailbox, which
address
should I use please?
Many thanks.
Ron KR3DOG
Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

I have never seen an address for this group that did not contain "jfw" as part of it.

All you'd have to do is send a message to the one of those two that you don't normally use, and if the jaws@groups.io is not an alias for this group the message will bounce back to you (or else go to the group that it belongs to, in which case if it's not this group you're already subscribed to the "other one.").  A number of groups do have e-mail aliases set up.  I stick with what's shown in the Group Email Addresses of a given groups.io home page for a group, which is, https://jfw.groups.io/g/main, for this one.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Ron Kolesar

Well, the reason why I’ve asked, is because I get it all set up in the message rule, then I see a letter with the second address show up in the In Box instead of in the Jaws Mailing List mailbox.
So, this is why I asked the question.
Many Thanks.
Ron KR3DOG