moderated Where in blazes is the keybaord command for the time

Richard Turner

I want to change the default insert+f12 to say the time, but I cannot remember where it is hidden.

I will follow Bill’s example and write this stuff down before I ever  nuke my settings again to fix a corruption issue.

Thanks,

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

Tony Sohl

Hi I believe it's in the keyboard manager or in settings, but I'm not sure. I did not know you could change that keystroke and if so, let me know. Thank you.

Chris Chaffin

Go to the Keyboard manager, hit control shift d for default.
In the list, it is number 645, say system time.

Hope this helps.

Chris

On Mar 25, 2021, at 2:11 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

I want to change the default insert+f12 to say the time, but I cannot remember where it is hidden.

I will follow Bill’s example and write this stuff down before I ever  nuke my settings again to fix a corruption issue.

Thanks,

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

Richard Turner

Thanks.

I found it and got it changed by using first letter navigation rather than arrowing down 645 times, grin.

I know I am off base for saying this, but this is when I miss Window-Eyes the most.  Their settings were so much easier to cope with.

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 12:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Where in blazes is the keybaord command for the time

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks,

Richard

Chris Chaffin

If you know the actual keystroke, you can use the find feature and also find it in the list.

Chris

On Mar 25, 2021, at 3:09 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Thanks.

I found it and got it changed by using first letter navigation rather than arrowing down 645 times, grin.

I know I am off base for saying this, but this is when I miss Window-Eyes the most.  Their settings were so much easier to cope with.

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 12:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Where in blazes is the keybaord command for the time

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks,

Richard