From: dennis
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 7:36 AM
Subject: what are everyone using to read pdf files

hi list. i'm having a problem with acrobat dc and wondered what everyone are using. i can't seam to find a free version of acrobat dc. thanks for any info.

--
Dennis Cornelison Contemporary Music Director AUMC 256-426-0108

Milton Ota

Hello,

I’m using Adobe Acrobat DC and if you have Windows 10 and its latest build and the latest version of Microsoft Edge, pdf’s will open in Edge.

I also have Docuscan from Serotek.

Milton

hi list. i'm having a problem with acrobat dc and wondered what everyone are using. i can't seam to find a free version of acrobat dc. thanks for any info.

--
Dennis Cornelison Contemporary Music Director AUMC 256-426-0108

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I use Word, which I like for a lot of them. I have that as my default. When I need to change, I use the Open With option on the context menu to switch to Adobe Reader or Chrome.

I’m using Adobe Acrobat DC and if you have Windows 10 and its latest build and the latest version of Microsoft Edge, pdf’s will open in Edge.

I also have Docuscan from Serotek.

Milton

hi list. i'm having a problem with acrobat dc and wondered what everyone are using. i can't seam to find a free version of acrobat dc. thanks for any info.

--
Dennis Cornelison Contemporary Music Director AUMC 256-426-0108

Marianne Denning

I use Microsoft Edge. I keep JAWS updated at all times.

I use Word, which I like for a lot of them. I have that as my default. When I need to change, I use the Open With option on the context menu to switch to Adobe Reader or Chrome.

I’m using Adobe Acrobat DC and if you have Windows 10 and its latest build and the latest version of Microsoft Edge, pdf’s will open in Edge.

I also have Docuscan from Serotek.

Milton

hi list. i'm having a problem with acrobat dc and wondered what everyone are using. i can't seam to find a free version of acrobat dc. thanks for any info.

--
Dennis Cornelison Contemporary Music Director AUMC 256-426-0108

Jasmine Kotsay

Hi,
I know this is super late, but I use Abbyy Fine Reader. I love it! It is expensive, but it is well worth it, because it also reads PDFs that are images. It makes for a very useful tool, and I feel as though it pays for itself within even the first couple of uses.

On Aug 24, 2020, at 7:36 AM, dennis <dennisc67@...> wrote:

hi list. i'm having a problem with acrobat dc and wondered what everyone are using. i can't seam to find a free version of acrobat dc. thanks for any info.

--
Dennis Cornelison Contemporary Music Director AUMC 256-426-0108

Milton Ota

I have several different programs that I have in my toolbox but if you have been following the progress of updates for JAWS from Vispero/Freedom Scientific the OCR program that is part of JAWS 2020 and beyond will do a great job of reading PDF’s.

The OCR program that is part of JAWS will also scan a print page if you have a scanner that is either a flatbed or a camera like the Pearl from Freedom Scientific.

If you are interested in knowing what programs I have in my toolbox you will need to write me off list.