To stop web pages
and PDF documents from automatically reading in all relevant
- Press the JAWS key + 6 (on the number
row) to load Settings Centre.
- Press Control + Shift + D (for Delta) to
modify default settings.
- Down arrow to “Web/HTML/PDFs” and right
arrow to open.
- Down arrow to “Reading” and right arrow
- Down arrow to “Document and web pages
automatically read when loaded” and uncheck this option.
- Tab to Ok and hit Enter.
you can follow the same steps from within a particular application and avoid
switching to default settings if you don’t want to change this across the