Topics

moderated Webex

Ann Byrne

The last time I was invited to a Webex meeting, my audio was muted and I couldn't find the place to unmute it. So the host phoned me, and I talked on the phone while they watch me on video, which was pretty silly. Are there Webex-with-JAWS instructions somewhere? My colleague has a Webex room. She said I could go there and check things out. I have to sign in, though, and I don't have an account. Is there a way to enter the room without signing in so that I can find the commands?

Thanks a lot,

Ann

Van Lant, Robin

Control M is the shortcut to mute and unmute. I'll see what else I can find. You cannot just go into a room without an invitation, but you can do as I have done and ask someone to set up a practice meting where the whole point is for you to log in with your friend and practice moving around. Frankly, I haven't figured out all the features such as chat, whiteboarding and so on. I do the basics such as share my screen. In the version I use, I find it easiest to use the menus at the top that work like an old-school menu system.

A meeting organizer may choose to mute all participants at once to block background noise. Then each person who wants to speak needs to unmute or the host can unmute you. As I noted, Control M is the toggle. If you are listening to the meting via a phone and not via the computer speakers, hitting *6 will mute or unmute your phone line.

Hope that helps to get you started.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Webex

The last time I was invited to a Webex meeting, my audio was muted and I couldn't find the place to unmute it. So the host phoned me, and I talked on the phone while they watch me on video, which was pretty silly. Are there Webex-with-JAWS instructions somewhere? My colleague has a Webex room. She said I could go there and check things out. I have to sign in, though, and I don't have an account. Is there a way to enter the room without signing in so that I can find the commands?

Thanks a lot,

Ann

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Mark Fisher

Hi Ann

Some links for keyboard commands if you haven't come across them before. Note that I've already raised with Cisco that there are some options which are missing i.e. raise your hand, mute/unute video. Hope this helps.

WebEx Meetings

https://help.webex.com/en-us/84har3/Cisco-Webex-Meetings-and-Cisco-Webex-Events-Accessibility-Features

WebEx Training (if you are a presenter) https://help.webex.com/en-us/krcq8ab/Cisco-Webex-Training-Accessibility-Features