Topics

moderated VMware & Windows Function Keys

Robbie Curtis

Hello All,

Recently my Hp computer died and I decided to put Windows on my MacBook using VmWare Fusion 11.5. For the most part, everything went smoothly except getting the function keys to behave normally in the Windows virtual machine.

So the question is how do I get the function keys to behave normally so that I can use JAWS as usual? Do I need to do this through VmWare or is there a setting in Windows?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jim Weiss

Robbie,
You should be able to use your function keys just as you do on your Mac.  If you currently press and hold the function key and then hit an “F” key you would do the same.  Please email me off of list as I use VMWare on my Mac.
I can give you some hints and tricks that I use.  I figure we can keep this off of list as most people here aren’t using this type of configuration.

Regards,
Jim
Jim Weiss

“When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  So, live your life that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice!” | Unknown Native American