moderated VLC

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 12:30 PM 9/5/2021, lali wrote:
I have 2 jobs, and the second job has soo much things, that jaws
better offers, than NVDA.
But for my first job, am wondering, if there would be a
possibility, that jfw reads the time in vlc. I need for example know, where is an error in a file, for example 34 min, 25 sec..
Is there a possibility, that jfw announces it?

Yes sir! Simply invoke the JAWS touch cursor with insert+numberpaad-enter,, then arrow or tab around VLC's main window. This is not the most elegant solution, but it works. You can also read the status bar very well with Narrator, which is of course included with Windows.
Also, since NVDA is free, you should be able to install it on the same work computers where you use JAWS. However, I don't know which stipulations or regulations your employers impose regarding software installation. I do know, though, that JAWS can read all portions of VLC's windows with the touch cursor.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Ph.D. in Music theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090