moderated versions of ms office.

Patrick Murphy

Hi to you all,

This is probably not for here, but i thought i would ask anyway.

I am at home, so a basic version of office does me fine.

I only use outlook for emails, word for basic documents and excel for basic spreadsheets.

I have been using office 2007, and it does me just fine.

However, as expected, eventually, jaws is having trouble with this because it is so old.

Does anyone know where i could get maybe office 2010 2013 etc?

I don’t need the latest office 365 or anything like that.

I cannot find anywhere on the ms web site that might sell it either, as they just want you to buy the latest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Sent from my gmail account.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Patrick,
I use an older version of Office than you do, for the same reasons.
My Jaws 2019 has challenges with spreadsheets.
So what works for me is to have Jaws 16 installed, and I unload the newer Jaws and use the 16 version.
I also have libra office installed, but sometimes I like using the familiar Office.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 1:02 AM
Subject: Re: versions of ms office.

Hi to you all,

I only use outlook for emails, word for basic documents and excel for basic spreadsheets.

However, as expected, eventually, jaws is having trouble with this because it is so old.

I cannot find anywhere on the ms web site that might sell it either, as they just want you to buy the latest.

Regards,

Patrick

Van Lant, Robin

I bought a license to the retail version Office 2016 on eBay.  Maybe older licenses still exist.  The seller sent me the license key in an email and it worked to activate my office.  I really hope it’s legitimate.  Not sure how you really know. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrick Murphy
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 12:03 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Hi to you all,

Regards,

Patrick

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 10:59 AM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:
I bought a license to the retail version Office 2016 on eBay.  Maybe older licenses still exist.  The seller sent me the license key in an email and it worked to activate my office.  I really hope it’s legitimate.  Not sure how you really know. 
-
I also have acquired my licenses for Office 2016 and one for Windows 10 Pro on the grey market.  Once you step out of buying direct from Microsoft or a well-known reseller of Microsoft license keys (like the ones you can get at Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) you have absolutely no way of knowing whether what you're purchasing is a legitimate license or not.  I have had any number over the years that would not work and where the seller was banned from eBay before I could even complain.  But at the prices available for grey market keys, it would take a very long time before I came anywhere close to paying what a brand new license costs.

As far as legitimacy, once I've presented a license key to the entity that controls the licenses, and it is activated by them, it's legitimate as far as I'm concerned.  They are the ones who hold the ability to either accept, or reject, a key.  They also are the "keepers of the databases" that should tell them if a given key is OK for activation/reactivation or not.  If they activate, who am I to argue?

On the Grey Market

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Shirley Tracy

I bought Office 2019 from MS via a phone call. Only it doesn’t include Outlook, which was on your list of what you use. I’m told Office 19 is the last app you can pay upfront with no expiration date on it. They explained that All higher versions have either a monthly fee or a yearly fee. I guess that tells you how long it has been since I purchased my Office 2016.  

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 2:02 AM

Hi to you all,

Regards,

Patrick

I believe Microsoft has now backed off of Office 2019 being the last free standing installable version.  I seem to remember Joseph Lee posting something about the decision having been made that one more like this will be released, though.  There are also multiple articles about this in the tech press.

A New Version of Microsoft Office Without a Subscription ...

New version of Microsoft Office won't require you to pay ...

Microsoft is releasing a non-subscription Office suite in 2021

--

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Shirley Tracy

I’m glad to hear that. But as of last month, that’s what they told me at Microsoft—that after Office 2019, you could no longer obtain a subscription-free copy of MS Office.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 2:27 PM

I believe Microsoft has now backed off of Office 2019 being the last free standing installable version.  I seem to remember Joseph Lee posting something about the decision having been made that one more like this will be released, though.  There are also multiple articles about this in the tech press.

A New Version of Microsoft Office Without a Subscription ...

New version of Microsoft Office won't require you to pay ...

Microsoft is releasing a non-subscription Office suite in 2021

--

~ André Gide

Van Lant, Robin

Thanks, Brian.  That was the line of thinking I used when the license worked and I started getting the updates.  😊

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 9:07 AM

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 10:59 AM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:

-
I also have acquired my licenses for Office 2016 and one for Windows 10 Pro on the grey market.  Once you step out of buying direct from Microsoft or a well-known reseller of Microsoft license keys (like the ones you can get at Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) you have absolutely no way of knowing whether what you're purchasing is a legitimate license or not.  I have had any number over the years that would not work and where the seller was banned from eBay before I could even complain.  But at the prices available for grey market keys, it would take a very long time before I came anywhere close to paying what a brand new license costs.

As far as legitimacy, once I've presented a license key to the entity that controls the licenses, and it is activated by them, it's legitimate as far as I'm concerned.  They are the ones who hold the ability to either accept, or reject, a key.  They also are the "keepers of the databases" that should tell them if a given key is OK for activation/reactivation or not.  If they activate, who am I to argue?

On the Grey Market

--

~ André Gide

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

meow meow

Rosie here...
I think I have office 7 but it never work right for me but I use notepad mostly and it work well for me that I use notepade mostly for knit or crochet patterns

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 12:02 AM

Hi to you all,

Regards,

Patrick

Hi Shirley, I have never heard of an Office version not including Outlook. I would call Microsoft Accessiblity about that, this just does not seem right.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 11:09 AM

I bought Office 2019 from MS via a phone call. Only it doesn’t include Outlook, which was on your list of what you use. I’m told Office 19 is the last app you can pay upfront with no expiration date on it. They explained that All higher versions have either a monthly fee or a yearly fee. I guess that tells you how long it has been since I purchased my Office 2016.  

Shirley Tracy

Hi to you all,

Regards,

Patrick

Loy

If it was office Home and Student version, it does not include Outlook.

Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 10:44 AM

Hi Shirley, I have never heard of an Office version not including Outlook. I would call Microsoft Accessiblity about that, this just does not seem right.

Shirley Tracy

Hi to you all,

Regards,

Patrick

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
I have never heard of an Office version not including Outlook.
-
There are at least as many configurations of MS Office without Outlook as there are with it, and the term edition is applied to the combination of core programs included.  Home and Student is but one of them, and what those editions have been called, and which Office suite programs have been included, have varied over the decades.

Outlook can also be purchased as a freestanding program, or could up through Office 2019.  I've not checked to see if Outlook 365 is available standalone.

--

~ André Gide

Ann Byrne

The home and student version of Office does not include outlook.

At 09:59 AM 2/18/2021, you wrote:
On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
I have never heard of an Office version not including Outlook.

-There are at least as many configurations of MS Office without Outlook as there are with it, and the term edition is applied to the combination of core programs included. Home and Student is but one of them, and what those editions have been called, and which Office suite programs have been included, have varied over the decades.Outlook can also be purchased as a freestanding program, or could up through Office 2019. I've not checked to see if Outlook 365 is available standalone. --

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042 Â

~ André Gide

Shirley Tracy

It’s the Home and Student, and it definitely does not come with Outlook, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have never needed to use Outlook. Many years ago, I used Outlook Express and loved it. Now I just use Gmail through Windows Mail.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Hi to you all,

Regards,

Patrick

Glenn / Lenny

They used to have it in those versions.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 9:52 AM

If it was office Home and Student version, it does not include Outlook.

Shirley Tracy

Hi to you all,

Regards,

Patrick

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:50 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
-
If you can find a single reference to support that assertion, please post it.  Particularly since you say versions, and what you appear to be responding to is Home and Student alone.

Home and Student has never, to my knowledge, included Outlook.  And I've been installing almost any version of MS-Office you can name for many, many years now.

--

~ André Gide

Glenn / Lenny

The Office 2000 that I'm using has Outlook  and is a student version.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 12:25 PM

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:50 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
-
If you can find a single reference to support that assertion, please post it.  Particularly since you say versions, and what you appear to be responding to is Home and Student alone.

Home and Student has never, to my knowledge, included Outlook.  And I've been installing almost any version of MS-Office you can name for many, many years now.

--

~ André Gide