moderated versions of ms office.

Patrick Murphy

Hi to you all,

This is probably not for here, but i thought i would ask anyway.

I am at home, so a basic version of office does me fine.

I only use outlook for emails, word for basic documents and excel for basic spreadsheets.

I have been using office 2007, and it does me just fine.

However, as expected, eventually, jaws is having trouble with this because it is so old.

Does anyone know where i could get maybe office 2010 2013 etc?

I don’t need the latest office 365 or anything like that.

I cannot find anywhere on the ms web site that might sell it either, as they just want you to buy the latest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Sent from my gmail account.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Patrick,
I use an older version of Office than you do, for the same reasons.
My Jaws 2019 has challenges with spreadsheets.
So what works for me is to have Jaws 16 installed, and I unload the newer Jaws and use the 16 version.
I also have libra office installed, but sometimes I like using the familiar Office.

Glenn

This is probably not for here, but i thought i would ask anyway.

I am at home, so a basic version of office does me fine.

I only use outlook for emails, word for basic documents and excel for basic spreadsheets.

I have been using office 2007, and it does me just fine.

However, as expected, eventually, jaws is having trouble with this because it is so old.

Does anyone know where i could get maybe office 2010 2013 etc?

I don’t need the latest office 365 or anything like that.

I cannot find anywhere on the ms web site that might sell it either, as they just want you to buy the latest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Sent from my gmail account.

Van Lant, Robin

I bought a license to the retail version Office 2016 on eBay.  Maybe older licenses still exist.  The seller sent me the license key in an email and it worked to activate my office.  I really hope it’s legitimate.  Not sure how you really know.

This is probably not for here, but i thought i would ask anyway.

I am at home, so a basic version of office does me fine.

I only use outlook for emails, word for basic documents and excel for basic spreadsheets.

I have been using office 2007, and it does me just fine.

However, as expected, eventually, jaws is having trouble with this because it is so old.

Does anyone know where i could get maybe office 2010 2013 etc?

I don’t need the latest office 365 or anything like that.

I cannot find anywhere on the ms web site that might sell it either, as they just want you to buy the latest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Sent from my gmail account.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 10:59 AM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:
I bought a license to the retail version Office 2016 on eBay.  Maybe older licenses still exist.  The seller sent me the license key in an email and it worked to activate my office.  I really hope it’s legitimate.  Not sure how you really know.
-
I also have acquired my licenses for Office 2016 and one for Windows 10 Pro on the grey market.  Once you step out of buying direct from Microsoft or a well-known reseller of Microsoft license keys (like the ones you can get at Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) you have absolutely no way of knowing whether what you're purchasing is a legitimate license or not.  I have had any number over the years that would not work and where the seller was banned from eBay before I could even complain.  But at the prices available for grey market keys, it would take a very long time before I came anywhere close to paying what a brand new license costs.

As far as legitimacy, once I've presented a license key to the entity that controls the licenses, and it is activated by them, it's legitimate as far as I'm concerned.  They are the ones who hold the ability to either accept, or reject, a key.  They also are the "keepers of the databases" that should tell them if a given key is OK for activation/reactivation or not.  If they activate, who am I to argue?

On the Grey Market

           ~ André Gide

Shirley Tracy

I bought Office 2019 from MS via a phone call. Only it doesn’t include Outlook, which was on your list of what you use. I’m told Office 19 is the last app you can pay upfront with no expiration date on it. They explained that All higher versions have either a monthly fee or a yearly fee. I guess that tells you how long it has been since I purchased my Office 2016.

Shirley Tracy

This is probably not for here, but i thought i would ask anyway.

I am at home, so a basic version of office does me fine.

I only use outlook for emails, word for basic documents and excel for basic spreadsheets.

I have been using office 2007, and it does me just fine.

However, as expected, eventually, jaws is having trouble with this because it is so old.

Does anyone know where i could get maybe office 2010 2013 etc?

I don’t need the latest office 365 or anything like that.

I cannot find anywhere on the ms web site that might sell it either, as they just want you to buy the latest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Sent from my gmail account.

I believe Microsoft has now backed off of Office 2019 being the last free standing installable version.  I seem to remember Joseph Lee posting something about the decision having been made that one more like this will be released, though.  There are also multiple articles about this in the tech press.

A New Version of Microsoft Office Without a Subscription ...

New version of Microsoft Office won't require you to pay ...

Microsoft is releasing a non-subscription Office suite in 2021

           ~ André Gide

Shirley Tracy

I’m glad to hear that. But as of last month, that’s what they told me at Microsoft—that after Office 2019, you could no longer obtain a subscription-free copy of MS Office.

Shirley Tracy

I believe Microsoft has now backed off of Office 2019 being the last free standing installable version.  I seem to remember Joseph Lee posting something about the decision having been made that one more like this will be released, though.  There are also multiple articles about this in the tech press.

A New Version of Microsoft Office Without a Subscription ...

New version of Microsoft Office won't require you to pay ...

Microsoft is releasing a non-subscription Office suite in 2021

           ~ André Gide

Van Lant, Robin

Thanks, Brian.  That was the line of thinking I used when the license worked and I started getting the updates.  😊

[...]

meow meow

Rosie here...
I think I have office 7 but it never work right for me but I use notepad mostly and it work well for me that I use notepade mostly for knit or crochet patterns

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 12:02 AM

Hi to you all,

This is probably not for here, but i thought i would ask anyway.

I am at home, so a basic version of office does me fine.

I only use outlook for emails, word for basic documents and excel for basic spreadsheets.

I have been using office 2007, and it does me just fine.

However, as expected, eventually, jaws is having trouble with this because it is so old.

Does anyone know where i could get maybe office 2010 2013 etc?

I don’t need the latest office 365 or anything like that.

I cannot find anywhere on the ms web site that might sell it either, as they just want you to buy the latest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Sent from my gmail account.

Hi Shirley, I have never heard of an Office version not including Outlook. I would call Microsoft Accessiblity about that, this just does not seem right.

[...]

Loy

If it was office Home and Student version, it does not include Outlook.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
I have never heard of an Office version not including Outlook.
-
There are at least as many configurations of MS Office without Outlook as there are with it, and the term edition is applied to the combination of core programs included.  Home and Student is but one of them, and what those editions have been called, and which Office suite programs have been included, have varied over the decades.

Outlook can also be purchased as a freestanding program, or could up through Office 2019.  I've not checked to see if Outlook 365 is available standalone.

           ~ André Gide

Ann Byrne

The home and student version of Office does not include outlook.

At 09:59 AM 2/18/2021, you wrote:
On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
I have never heard of an Office version not including Outlook.

-There are at least as many configurations of MS Office without Outlook as there are with it, and the term edition is applied to the combination of core programs included. Home and Student is but one of them, and what those editions have been called, and which Office suite programs have been included, have varied over the decades.Outlook can also be purchased as a freestanding program, or could up through Office 2019. I've not checked to see if Outlook 365 is available standalone. --

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042 Â

          ~ André Gide

Shirley Tracy

It’s the Home and Student, and it definitely does not come with Outlook, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have never needed to use Outlook. Many years ago, I used Outlook Express and loved it. Now I just use Gmail through Windows Mail.

Shirley Tracy

[...]

They used to have it in those versions.
Glenn

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:50 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
They used to have it in those versions.
-
If you can find a single reference to support that assertion, please post it.  Particularly since you say versions, and what you appear to be responding to is Home and Student alone.

Home and Student has never, to my knowledge, included Outlook.  And I've been installing almost any version of MS-Office you can name for many, many years now.

           ~ André Gide

Glenn / Lenny

The Office 2000 that I'm using has Outlook  and is a student version.
Glenn