Topics

moderated Using the Windows 10 Voice Recorder

Paul Filpus

Hello Listers,

When I press the windows key on my laptop, I see there’s a Windows 10 app called Voice Recorder listed. With my internal microphone turned on, I tried recording a test file. I then tried listening to the recording.M4A file I created in my sound recordings subfolder, in the documents folder, but heard nothing. Can anyone give me the procedure for using Voice Recorder?

Thanks,

Paul

JM Casey

Sounds like you did everything right. I just looked at this programme yesterday and it’s pretty basic – not sure why you’re not getting an audible recordinng. Does the microphone work in other cases/applications? Is the volume high enough?

I’m not certain but you could look to see in the microphone settings accessible from the sound recorder itself – it’s a button that takes you to a part of Windows settings, I believe, to configure which apps are permitted to use the mic. Mine worked right away though without being granted permission – I think all windows programmes may have it by default.

When I press the windows key on my laptop, I see there’s a Windows 10 app called Voice Recorder listed. With my internal microphone turned on, I tried recording a test file. I then tried listening to the recording.M4A file I created in my sound recordings subfolder, in the documents folder, but heard nothing. Can anyone give me the procedure for using Voice Recorder?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Filpus

Hi JM,

My mistake. With your prompt, I went to my audio settings, ran a fix on the microphone, and my problem was solved. Thanks for your
help.

Paul