moderated Using Outlook.office.com with JAWS

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@...>

In order to access one of my email accounts for work, I need to use outlook.office.com.  I normally use outlook installed on my laptop, and it works fine, but with the website, I cannot figure out how to get my emails to display in a list format so I can quickly go down the list and hit enter on the one I want to read.

Does anyone have any tips for getting my email to display in a more easily readable format with JAWS?

Pam

Bharat

Hi Pam,

I am really sorry for writing back with so much delay.

Although i can't find the option under my account but my wife's
outlook has an option regarding adjusting the sort of display she
would like to have. Would request you to look under options for
adjusting these mail settings.

I really hope, it is of some help for you.

Thank you,

bharat.

On 6/21/22, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@...> wrote:
In order to access one of my email accounts for work, I need to use
outlook.office.com. I normally use outlook installed on my laptop, and it
works fine, but with the website, I cannot figure out how to get my emails
to display in a list format so I can quickly go down the list and hit enter
on the one I want to read.

Does anyone have any tips for getting my email to display in a more easily
readable format with JAWS?

Pam

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

In my experience, the web version of Outlook is more than a little cumbersome and definitely less efficient for a JAWS user than simply using Microsoft Outlook running on a computer. It would be a reasonable accommodation to request that your employer provide you with this software on your work system and then configure it to connect to the email servers that the company uses.

There is no practical way to make the web version of Outlook feel and behave the same as the Desktop version of Outlook.

Best regards,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Hi,

That has been my experience as well. Thankfully, the main account I use for work does work with Outlook on my laptop.

For some reason, I am told that this other account has to be accessed using the web version.

If anyone knows of any quick settings I can change to try to make the mail screen as uncluttered as possible, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Pam

[...]

How about, you try configuring this web version account into outlook?
configure it via file\info. let it be configured as an exchange
account. Generally, outlook automatically picks up the exchange server
credentials on its own. do give it a try.

Thank you,

Bharat.

wrote:
In order to access one of my email accounts for work, I need to use
outlook.office.com. I normally use outlook installed on my laptop, and
it
works fine, but with the website, I cannot figure out how to get my
emails
to display in a list format so I can quickly go down the list and hit
enter
on the one I want to read.

Does anyone have any tips for getting my email to display in a more
easily
readable format with JAWS?

Pam

Michael Mote

Hi all. I have been working through the process of trying to use the web based version of Outlook with a screen reader. I will say two things. First, it is tough, but secondly, it is doable. You do have to know how to use JAWS in applications mode though. The most challenging part that I seem to have my biggest problems with is the calendar section. I can get lost in that part of the app. I can normally find my way out of it, but it can be hard sometimes.
There are some shortcut keys that do help. I know that some companies are not paying to have the desktop apps installed on local PC's. If you can, certainly try to use the Outlook Desktop app. If it is not possible, there are ways to adjust Outlook on the web, so don't be discouraged. It will just take some adjustments.

[...]

Do you have any specific tips on how to get my inbox in a format where I can use arrow keys or another key to go quickly between messages, and be able to tailor the inbox screen so I am only seeing the name of the sender, the subject and the date?

Thanks.