Topics

moderated Using outlook calendar with Jaws?

Jessica D

Hi,

I have an event that I’d like to put on my outlook calendar, but also want all my events to sync with my iphone.

Is there a way to do this?

The sync could also go the other way, so if I add something to my iphone calendar, it’d also show in outlook.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Richard Turner

Assumiong you have an Outlook account set up in your iPhone, go to Settings, Calendar, and near the bottom select default calendar.

On that screen there will be categories for on my iPhone, iCloud, and Outlook.

Make sure the one that says Calendar under the Outlook heading is selected.

You can have as many calendars shown as you like, but if the Outlook Calendar is the default, when you add an appointment on your iPhone, it will show up on your Computer.

At least, that works for me.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

I have an event that I’d like to put on my outlook calendar, but also want all my events to sync with my iphone.

Is there a way to do this?

The sync could also go the other way, so if I add something to my iphone calendar, it’d also show in outlook.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica D

Hi,

I don’t have it setup yet, but I can.

I already have icloud setup on my iphone, so can’t I just use iCloud to sync my calendar?

Thanks,

Jessica

I have an event that I’d like to put on my outlook calendar, but also want all my events to sync with my iphone.

Is there a way to do this?

The sync could also go the other way, so if I add something to my iphone calendar, it’d also show in outlook.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Richard Turner

That would be a question for Microsoft Accessibility support.

I have personally found that if I have iCloud on the Windows computer, it only results in lots of headaches.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

I already have icloud setup on my iphone, so can’t I just use iCloud to sync my calendar?

Thanks,

Jessica

I have an event that I’d like to put on my outlook calendar, but also want all my events to sync with my iphone.

Is there a way to do this?

The sync could also go the other way, so if I add something to my iphone calendar, it’d also show in outlook.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jim Weiss

When I looked into this last summer the conduit was only in one direction.  Meaning that you could populate your Outlook calendar on your Win 10 system, but anything you did in Outlook was not reflected in iCloud.  The two systems are not overly compatible.  Also you had to do the setup in iCloud.com and the site is not overly accessible.
You can Google it to see if there have been any changes.  I do use iCloud for Windows but it does not include the calendar, but recently it started to sync contacts and your iCloud email.  Maybe someday in the future it will also include the calendar.
Jim Weiss

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

On Jan 5, 2021, at 1:35 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I don’t have it setup yet, but I can.

I already have icloud setup on my iphone, so can’t I just use iCloud to sync my calendar?

Thanks,

Jessica

I have an event that I’d like to put on my outlook calendar, but also want all my events to sync with my iphone.

Is there a way to do this?

The sync could also go the other way, so if I add something to my iphone calendar, it’d also show in outlook.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Richard Turner

The easiest solution is to add an Outlook Email account on your smart phone.

Then, make sure the Outlook calendar is set as the default on the smart phone and you have two way synchronization.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

I have an event that I’d like to put on my outlook calendar, but also want all my events to sync with my iphone.

Is there a way to do this?

The sync could also go the other way, so if I add something to my iphone calendar, it’d also show in outlook.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jim Weiss

I agree and this solution will work.  If you have been using your iCloud calendar for a while and it is well established you probably won’t like this solution since you will manually need to migrate your iCloud Calendar to your Outlook calendar.  For example, birthdays and reoccurring events will need to be recreated.  I just performed a quick Google search and everything I was seeing talked about creating an outlook.com account and going that direction.  If you only have an iPHone and your not sharing your iCloud calendar with a Mac this solution will work.  Again, you will need to physically create reoccurring and any upcoming events in Outlook.
Jim Weiss

"Better to be blind and see with your heart, than to have two good eyes and see nothing." | Helen Keller

On Jan 5, 2021, at 2:56 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

The easiest solution is to add an Outlook Email account on your smart phone.
Then, make sure the Outlook calendar is set as the default on the smart phone and you have two way synchronization.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

I have an event that I’d like to put on my outlook calendar, but also want all my events to sync with my iphone.

Is there a way to do this?

The sync could also go the other way, so if I add something to my iphone calendar, it’d also show in outlook.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Richard Turner

I’ve not had to do all that.

Once you have the outlook account setup on the phone, in the calendar settings, you can select birthdays, calendar, holidays, any of the calendar available to show on the smart phone.

At least, with iPhones.

Everything syncs over for me.

But, there are always and forever will be, those exceptions that happen on one machine and not another.

Technology is so much fun…

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

I have an event that I’d like to put on my outlook calendar, but also want all my events to sync with my iphone.

Is there a way to do this?

The sync could also go the other way, so if I add something to my iphone calendar, it’d also show in outlook.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jim Weiss

Richard,
So you are still using the calendar app that is built into iOS?  The site I was getting information from was Microsoft and of course they want you to install their software on the iPhone.  So if you are using the iOS calendar and you have an iPad you could connect your iPad’s calendar using that same Outlook account, correct?  The difference being your calendar data is being saved to your Outlook cloud and the rest of your iPhone data is being saved to iCloud (assuming that you are using that function).  I think that I may have tried going down that path but I also use a Mac and you need to use a third party conduit on the Mac to make everything work.  That third party conduit wasn’t accessible and I ended up with a mess.  Luckily I have a second Mac that I can use for beta testing and trying things that I don’t want to attempt on my production Mac.  It has it’s own Apple ID so I didn’t trash any of my real data.  My goal was to use Outlook on my Mac to replace Mac Mail, Contacts and Calendar… but it didn’t pan out and I just stayed on iCloud.  I can still have all of my email and contacts in sync on my Win 10 machine.

On Jan 5, 2021, at 3:09 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, I’m using the apple calendar.

I don’t use the Outlook app either.  I just setup the outlook account in the native mail app.

I have a Windows machine.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."