From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:53 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Using JAWS to Drag and Drop

All:

I am trying to rearrange some tracks in my music library. Whenever I hit
the Drag and Drop keystroke, Control+Insert+num pad slash, JAWS keeps saying
"Left Mouse Button locked," but I cannot move the track by arrowing up and
down. I see you have to hit all three keys at the same time. Can anybody
tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Rick Miller

Mike & Barbara In Arcadia <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Adrian & Rick,

Below are the keystrokes for dragging & dropping.

Use the key strokes, (CTRL+INSERT+NUM PAD SLASH) for Drag and Drop .
This is used to drag items from one location and drop them in another.
Position the JAWS Cursor on the item you wish to move and press
CTRL+INSERT+NUM
PAD SLASH. You can leave the JAWS Cursor active, or you can switch to the PC
Cursor. JAWS will keep speaking as you navigate. Once you have positioned
the JAWS or PC Cursor in the location to which you would like to move the
item, press CTRL+INSERT+NUM PAD SLASH again, and the item will be moved to
the position of the active cursor.

Hope this helps. Take care.
Mike

Hi, Rick. Not a direct answer because I've never had to use JAWS's version
of drag and drop. However, won't the standard copy/cut and paste commands
do
the job?

I am trying to rearrange some tracks in my music library. Whenever I hit
the Drag and Drop keystroke, Control+Insert+num pad slash, JAWS keeps
saying
"Left Mouse Button locked," but I cannot move the track by arrowing up and
down. I see you have to hit all three keys at the same time. Can anybody
tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Rick Miller

gutz <gutz2020@...>

Kinda off topic but will drag and drop allow me to be able to move more than one thing at once? Because I have trouble with moving things with the standard copy and paste commands. I usually have to move one item at a time witch can get annoying!!!

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Remember, you can copy and paste items not contiguous (not next to each other) in two ways:

1. If in a list such as Windows Explorer, just highlight the first item with spacebar. Then hold down the control key. As you arrow down, keep the control key pressed. Choose other items to copy (or move) by additional presses of the space bar -- all the time keeping the control key pressed.
Then, you can copy, control C, or cut (control X) the noncontiguous items you selected above.

2. This second approach will work in other places, as in different sentences or paragraphs in a Word document. Highlight what you want to copy. Then press control plus C.
After that, sequentially highlight other stuff you want to copy in whatever means is convenient. Then, instead of pressing control plus C, press Windows plus C. That will "append" to the clipboard.
I think you can "cut" with Windows plus X, the same way you can copy with Windows plus C, but it has been too long since I tried that.

Kinda off topic but will drag and drop allow me to be able to move more than
one thing at once? Because I have trouble with moving things with the
standard copy and paste commands. I usually have to move one item at a time
witch can get annoying!!!

#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.
#############################################################################################################

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I've been trying to get that feature to work since it was first added.
As far as I'm concerned, it's worthless. I highlight a passage, activate
drag and drop, go to where I want to place it, and the fool thing tells
me "Object not found, drag and drop canceled."

Ted

Kinda off topic but will drag and drop allow me to be able to move more
than
one thing at once? Because I have trouble with moving things with the
standard copy and paste commands. I usually have to move one item at a
time
witch can get annoying!!!

RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH
ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES
UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#####################################
recipient(s) above and may contain information
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete
this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Godwin Adoyi

Have you try using window's key plus c or x to copy /cut more than one
item?
I believe this is what you need.
Cheers!
Godwin

Kinda off topic but will drag and drop allow me to be able to move more than
one thing at once? Because I have trouble with moving things with the
standard copy and paste commands. I usually have to move one item at a time
witch can get annoying!!!

G.W. Cox <gwcox2@...>

Maybe this will help: