Topics

moderated using jaws how do you set up for the first time WIFI on a new computer?

Hank William Merchant

\
Hello,

Happy Holidays everyone and hope you all have a super, great and safe and prosperous New Year in 2021! In Win10 using jfw 2020, can someone maybe plese tell me how easy it is with jaws to setup your wifi for the first time so I can setup successfully the WIFI on my wife's computer so then my wifes computer will connect successfully to the internet through our already setup router? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any possible help with this!

Seasons greetings!,
Kindest regards,
Hank

You simply step through the standard setup under Settings, Network & Internet, WiFi Pane.  You'll probably activate the Show Available Networks link, choose the WiFi network you wish to connect to from that list, and you'll be prompted to enter the password/key for that WiFi network.

You can also go directly through the system tray.  WinKey+B, right arrow until you hit the item for Network & Internet access (and I cannot tell you exactly how that will be announced as it depends on whether you've got it in the overflow area or on the main system tray display and what you are, or are not, currently connected to), activating it, then down arrowing to the WiFi network you wish to connect to.  Activate that item and enter the necessary password/key information for the WiFi network and the checkbox for Connect automatically should be set as you see fit.

           ~ André Gide

Dan Longmore

Hank,
If using Windows 10 :
Go to "Settings"
Tab to "Network & Internet"
Tab to "Wi-Fi"
Tab to "Available Connections "
There you will need to select your router and enter information.

This section is accessible with JAWS.

Dan
PS You may have a shortcut to the Netowrk connections / wi fi in your
notification area.

Happy Holidays everyone and hope you all have a super, great and safe and
prosperous New Year in 2021! In Win10 using jfw 2020, can someone maybe
plese tell me how easy it is with jaws to setup your wifi for the first time
so I can setup successfully the WIFI on my wife's computer so then my wifes
computer will connect successfully to the internet through our already setup
router? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much
appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any possible help with this!

Seasons greetings!,
Kindest regards,
Hank

Kevin Minor

Hi.

Here's the basic steps to get WI-FI going:

Hit WINDOWS+B to get to the SYS Tray.

ARROW until you find something about networks are available, or no connection to network. Since I'm connected, it reports the network I'm connected to. Hit the applications key, or SHIFT+F10 should do it.

Select Open Internet Settings.

TAB until you find SHOW AVAILABLE NETWORKS.

You'll now find the networks you can connect to. Locate your network, and press ENTER.

The rest is easy to do. Just follow the prompts.

If you have any questions, send them on.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Happy Holidays everyone and hope you all have a super, great and safe and prosperous New Year in 2021! In Win10 using jfw 2020, can someone maybe plese tell me how easy it is with jaws to setup your wifi for the first time so I can setup successfully the WIFI on my wife's computer so then my wifes computer will connect successfully to the internet through our already setup router? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any possible help with this!

Seasons greetings!,
Kindest regards,
Hank

Curtis Delzer

just connect a rj45 cord from the router to her computer, and it should find the interface.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

On 12/28/2020 11:05 AM, Hank William Merchant wrote:
\
Hello,
Happy Holidays everyone and hope you all have a super, great and safe and prosperous New Year in 2021! In Win10 using jfw 2020, can someone maybe plese tell me how easy it is with jaws to setup your wifi for the first time so I can setup successfully the WIFI on my wife's computer so then my wifes computer will connect successfully to the internet through our already setup router? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much, much thanks in advance for any possible help with this!
Seasons greetings!,
Kindest regards,
Hank

Randy Barnett

press insert plus f11 then arrow to the icon that will say connections available and press enter. now find your wifi network and then enter the password when prompted.