moderated Using external sound card to separate Jaws and music

T. Civitello

Thanks for the advice but the press insert space vc “ doesn’t work in Windows 7. I have Jaws and the system separated but the problem is that Jaws is coming out of the external amplifier and bookshelf speakers while music from the internet is coming out  of the regular computer speakers. I am thinking of swapping the amplifier output and the computer speakers output. Do you think this will work?  Tom

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: Using external sound card to seperate Jaws and music

Civitello,

Ensure that music and jaws are playing on the external/ USB speakers.

Now, press insert space vc and from the list select the speakers Realtech high definition audio and you are good to go.

Hope it helps.

This email I d is used only for list subscriptions.

Thanks and regards.

Shankar.C

For offline comminucations please reach-out  on below shared details.

Mobile/whatsapp: 7795927572.

Email: shankar.c@....

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of T. Civitello
Sent: 16 April 2022 09:00 PM
To: Jaws users list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Using external sound card to seperate Jaws and music

Did not get any help from the Blind Tech list on this subject so thought Jaws users might help. I want to separate Jaws and music when playing background music by routing music to an external amplifier and speakers attached to the amplifier. I have an external sound card which seems to work at least I get a signal when testing it in the control panel. So now how do I route the music to the external card and Jaws to the computer speakers?  Tom

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

“Thanks for the advice but the press insert space vc “ doesn’t work in Windows 7.”

I regret to tell everyone that today, it is absolutely not a good practice to continue using Windows 7. Microsoft no longer supports it, the screen reader manufacturers really aren’t going to fix anything related to Windows 7, and many of the issues one encounters with it simply cannot be fixed. Let us not even mention the security problems attendant with continuing to use this outmoded operating system<smile>.

I apologize if this sounds harsh. But we cannot continue to run our stuff on old software without paying a significant price in terms of functionality and support.

All the best,

Curtis Chong

Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2022 8:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using external sound card to separate Jaws and music

Thanks for the advice but the press insert space vc “ doesn’t work in Windows 7. I have Jaws and the system separated but the problem is that Jaws is coming out of the external amplifier and bookshelf speakers while music from the internet is coming out  of the regular computer speakers. I am thinking of swapping the amplifier output and the computer speakers output. Do you think this will work?  Tom

Civitello,

Now, press insert space vc and from the list select the speakers Realtech high definition audio and you are good to go.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards.

Shankar.C

Did not get any help from the Blind Tech list on this subject so thought Jaws users might help. I want to separate Jaws and music when playing background music by routing music to an external amplifier and speakers attached to the amplifier. I have an external sound card which seems to work at least I get a signal when testing it in the control panel. So now how do I route the music to the external card and Jaws to the computer speakers?  Tom

Marty Hutchings

What version of JAWS are you using?  Do you have Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio) as an option under the sound card list in JAWS Utilities?

On 4/21/2022 9:57 AM, T. Civitello wrote:

Civitello,

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards.

Shankar.C

-- 
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings
BOLD Secretary, Program Director and VIP Liaison
(262) 605-8981
mhutchings152730@...
www.wisconsinbold.com

Glenn / Lenny

Greetings Everyone,
All people are doing by bandwagoning is making camps here, by touting what everyone knows already.
If you use an operating system like windows 7 or older, you won't get support from Microsoft.
We all know that.
Same is true with Jaws and FS.
If we can get support from Microsoft, then why do we need lists like this?
People can call Microsoft and get a friendly person, not brow beating by our associates, which only serves to make someone feel superior.

If someone is using windows 10, they can call Microsoft, and get a friendly person who is not going to be judgmental.
And, if someone is using an up to date browser in older windows, and practicing safe computer use, I am confident that they can keep their personal information safe.
And many of the people here seeking help from what should be a friendly associate, do very little more with the Internet than reading eMail.
As long as people don't enter on links in their email that appear to come from a company they do business with, their computer will stay safe.
Even windows 10 and Thunderbird won't prevent the damage being caused by following a link in fishing emails.
Experts say that by far, that people clicking on links in emails is the biggest cause of computer attacks and malware.

So my advise to all, is, if you cannot help someone, don't make someone feel bad by replying  with chastising and bandwagoning, we should be here to help each other, not to spread guilt or shame.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2022 10:07 AM

Greetings:

“Thanks for the advice but the press insert space vc “ doesn’t work in Windows 7.”

I regret to tell everyone that today, it is absolutely not a good practice to continue using Windows 7. Microsoft no longer supports it, the screen reader manufacturers really aren’t going to fix anything related to Windows 7, and many of the issues one encounters with it simply cannot be fixed. Let us not even mention the security problems attendant with continuing to use this outmoded operating system<smile>.

I apologize if this sounds harsh. But we cannot continue to run our stuff on old software without paying a significant price in terms of functionality and support.

All the best,

Curtis Chong

Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2022 8:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Civitello,

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards.

Shankar.C