moderated Using external sound card to seperate Jaws and music

T. Civitello

Did not get any help from the Blind Tech list on this subject so thought Jaws users might help. I want to separate Jaws and music when playing background music by routing music to an external amplifier and speakers attached to the amplifier. I have an external sound card which seems to work at least I get a signal when testing it in the control panel. So now how do I route the music to the external card and Jaws to the computer speakers?  Tom

John Covici

Set your default sound card to the amplifier by typing settings in the
windows search bar and using the up and down arrow keys. After that
is done go into the Jaws utilities menu and choose the internal sound
card specifically, not the default which is now your amplifier.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 11:29:43 -0400,
T. Civitello wrote:

[1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
Did not get any help from the Blind Tech list on this subject so thought Jaws users might help. I want to separate Jaws and music when playing background music by routing music to an external amplifier and speakers attached to the amplifier. I have an external sound card which seems to work at least I get a signal when testing it in the control panel. So now how do I route the music to the external card and Jaws to the computer speakers? Tom

[2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

T. Civitello

I don't have an internal sound card listed in the sound card options. I think this is complicated by the fact that my computer speakers are USB connected. Right now I have Jaws coming through the external card and nothing coming through the computer speakers which is OK I guess but how do I get music from the internet to go to the sound output and the amplifier? Tom

T. Civitello wrote:

[1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
Did not get any help from the Blind Tech list on this subject so thought Jaws users might help. I want to separate Jaws and music when playing background music by routing music to an external amplifier and speakers attached to the amplifier. I have an external sound card which seems to work at least I get a signal when testing it in the control panel. So now how do I route the music to the external card and Jaws to the computer speakers? Tom

[2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Marty Hutchings

Your USB computer speakers should show up as an external card also.

-----Original Message----- From: John Covici
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 9:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

--
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings

T. Civitello

The USB speakers show in the sound settings and in the Jaws utility settings but the external sound card doesn't show any place that I can find. Tom

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 9:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

T. Civitello wrote:

[1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
Did not get any help from the Blind Tech list on this subject so thought Jaws users might help. I want to separate Jaws and music when playing background music by routing music to an external amplifier and speakers attached to the amplifier. I have an external sound card which seems to work at least I get a signal when testing it in the control panel. So now how do I route the music to the external card and Jaws to the computer speakers? Tom

[2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
--
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings
BOLD Secretary, Program Director and VIP Liaison
(262) 605-8981
mhutchings152730@...
www.wisconsinbold.com

Marty Hutchings

If JAWS is playing through your external sound card, than it must be listed in the utilities sound card sub menu.  Which one is checked in that menu?

-----Original Message----- From: Marty Hutchings

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 9:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

T. Civitello wrote:

[1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
Did not get any help from the Blind Tech list on this subject so thought Jaws users might help. I want to separate Jaws and music when playing background music by routing music to an external amplifier and speakers attached to the amplifier. I have an external sound card which seems to work at least I get a signal when testing it in the control panel. So now how do I route the music to the external card and Jaws to the computer speakers? Tom

[2  <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
--
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings
BOLD Secretary, Program Director and VIP Liaison
(262) 605-8981
mhutchings152730@...
www.wisconsinbold.com

T. Civitello

Jaws utility/sounds:
Windows default sound card
speakers Realtech high definition
speakers 3 USB audio device
Tom

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 9:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

T. Civitello wrote:

[1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
Did not get any help from the Blind Tech list on this subject so thought Jaws users might help. I want to separate Jaws and music when playing background music by routing music to an external amplifier and speakers attached to the amplifier. I have an external sound card which seems to work at least I get a signal when testing it in the control panel. So now how do I route the music to the external card and Jaws to the computer speakers? Tom

[2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
--
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings
BOLD Secretary, Program Director and VIP Liaison
(262) 605-8981
mhutchings152730@...
www.wisconsinbold.com

techsavi.shankar@...

Civitello,

Ensure that music and jaws are playing on the external/ USB speakers.

Now, press insert space vc and from the list select the speakers Realtech high definition audio and you are good to go.

Hope it helps.

This email I d is used only for list subscriptions.

Thanks and regards.

Shankar.C

For offline comminucations please reach-out  on below shared details.

Mobile/whatsapp: 7795927572.

Email: shankar.c@....