From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: April 5, 2020 4:52
To: main <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Using Edge with Jaws

Hi all,

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

Thanks for that keystroke. I definitely do not have the latest version
which is probably much of my problem.

On 4/5/20, george b <gbmagoo@...> wrote:
Open edge
Hold down the jaws key, control, v
This will read you the version number

The latest is 6.81...

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer more
accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a better
browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

george b

From your desktop

Hit the windows key and r at the same time to get the run dialog field

Type in edge update and hit enter

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer
more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a
better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Mike B

The latest version is actually:  Microsoft Edge Version 80.0.361.109

Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 6:14 AM

--
Kimberly

Richard Turner

My current version after installing the new chrome based one is:
Microsoft Edge Version 80.0.361.109
If you cannot get the new chrome based Edge to install, call Microsoft Accessibility 800-936-5900 and it will take about 3 or 4 minutes for them to get it installed for you.

Richard

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

george b

I am sorry I put the wrong  it is 80…

The latest version is actually:  Microsoft Edge Version 80.0.361.109

Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 6:14 AM

--
Kimberly

Ann Byrne

If using JAWS, open Edge and press insert+ctrl+v. JAWS will read the version number.

At 08:14 AM 4/5/2020, you wrote:
[...]

I now have the latest version of Edge installed. Thanks to all for the help.

But when I try to access my gmail web interface I'm getting a message
that there is a problem with my cookie settings. But when I go into
settings and search for cookies I can't figure out what I'm supposed
to be doing.

Help?

At 08:14 AM 4/5/2020, you wrote:
[...]

Bill White

Hi, Kimber. You should look for.

Under Choose what to clear every time you close the browser
Cookies and site data
It should say:
Allowed

Under
Site permissions
Allowed

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer
more
accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a
better
browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

I may have missed this in one of your earlier messages, but which version of Jaws do you have and which version of Windows?
For Jaws press Jaws Key + J and then Jaws Key + Control + V
For Windows press the Windows Key or Windows Key + R for the Run dialogue and type WinVer (short for Windows Version)

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

james hooper

I tried this and it says windows can't find edge

Hit the windows key and r at the same time to get the run dialog field

Type in edge update and hit enter

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer
more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a
better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Richard Turner

I'm not sure what the original point was of tping Edge update, but that does not get you to where you can update Edge.
You either download the newer version from the Microsoft web site or update it from within Edge itself.
But edge update is not a recognized command.

Richard

I tried this and it says windows can't find edge

Hit the windows key and r at the same time to get the run dialog field

Type in edge update and hit enter

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer
more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a
better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

james hooper

Thanks I downloaded it from the Microsoft site.

I tried this and it says windows can't find edge

Hit the windows key and r at the same time to get the run dialog field

Type in edge update and hit enter

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the newer
more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a
better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I have a question about Edge. I know how to add favorites, but I have no idea how to find them when I want to use them? What do I do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin, Jilly, and Valerie from a distance

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the
newer more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a
better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Richard Turner

Apparently, Manage Favorites is control+shift+o.
The different groups of favorites do not seem to have hotkeys.

Richard

I have a question about Edge. I know how to add favorites, but I have no idea how to find them when I want to use them? What do I do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin, Jilly, and Valerie from a distance

I'm looking for some tips on using the Edge browser with Jaws.
Honestly, I don't even know how to verify that I am running the
newer more accessible version of Edge or how to check that.

Also, are there certain settings that should be changed to give a
better browsing experience?

Any resources or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Shirley Tracy

Hi list,

I haven’t followed this thread, but I want to know why chrome is better—or if it is better. I generally use Firefox now. I have used Edge now and then, but if it will work well for me using the chrome  version, then I’ll try it.

Shirley Tracy

The latest version is actually:  Microsoft Edge Version 80.0.361.109

Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 6:14 AM

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

I’m using the latest version of jaws and windows 10 with all current updates. I did not have the most up-to-date version of edge but I do now and I’m trying to get a custom to it. I’m sure they’ll be a learning curve but it does feel pretty familiar since I’ve been a chrome user for quite a while now.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx