From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <@Sieghard>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: Used computer

Your link contains " Win10PE_x86.ISO" which would indicate it's a 32 bit version since normally X64 indicates a 64 bit version.

From: Annabelle Susan Morison [mailto:foristnights@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 6:22 PM
Subject: Used computer
Hey Mario.
Do you mean Carlos Nazario?

Glenn, is the ISO from Carlos Navario or is it from someone else?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marty Hutchings"
<mhutchings152730@...>

-----Original Message----- From: Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 2:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <@Sieghard>

I would love to know what that computer tech meant by taking out a small
piece!

try looking for a software called konboot that should allow you to log in to
those accounts with a password and remove them I think.
otherwise you may have to re--install windows thus removing everything
on the
system and starting from scratch.

Legend has it that on Friday 11/15/2019 10:23 PM, Marty Hutchings said:
I have a used computer that a neighbor gave me. It is a Windows7 OS.
It has 3 password protected user accounts on it that are using
2/3 of the hard drive space. I don't know the passwords. Is there any way
that I can remove these accounts? Can this computer be restored to factory
fresh without a Windows 7 disk?

.

.

For those who need to burn an ISO file to a USB thumb drive, using Rufus, see steps 3 through 5 of my tutorial:

Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

How one creates bootable media using Rufus doesn't change based on what's being burned as bootable.  The partitioning scheme part is irrelevant to certain media since it doesn't attempt to create partitions, but if you follow the instructions in those three steps as appropriate for the machine being worked on you'll be just fine.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Annabelle Susan Morison

I wonder if that's why I can't seem to access the link
http://opopanax.net/download/ since it says it can't establish a connection to
the server.

[...]

Randy Barnett

Yes it can be done very easily. My ex girlfriend did it all on her own just by doing a google search. You too can find out how easy it is with Google. It does require haveing the pc for at least half an hour and most are pre windows Dos based requiring a sighted person. so you can get into a windows 10 PaPC even if you dont know the user info for any account.

[...]

Dave Durber

Hello Glen:

I do not know if anybody else will have the same problem as I did.

I Downloaded the 64 bit .iso file from the link you provided

Unfortunately, when I created a USB bootable media from the .iso file, and plugged it into my laptop and turned it on, nothing happened, it did not boot.

Dave Durber

[...]

Marty Hutchings

Did you change the bios to boot from the USB?

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

[...]

Hi Dave,
Did you just copy the ISO onto the disk, or did you use a burning software utility to burn the ISO.
Also, it does take a long time to boot because it has to find all the drivers for any given computer as it loads.
But if the disk drive is not doing anything, I'm sure you know something isn't right.
It's possible the image is corrupt, it would help if anyone else here got it to work to know for sure.
The size on mine reads 1.28 GB.
Glenn

[...]

Most computers since XP are set to boot from a bootable disk if one is in the drive, but it's possible that is disabled in the BIOS.
Some computers don't get set up this way for security reasons, since once one boots to Win PE or Linux the operating system and all the files are available.
If this is the case, there should be an F-key option for you to select the disk drive as the first boot device for that one time.
Glenn

[...]

Robert Cole

Hi,

Without sighted assistance, How can you be sure it did not boot?

Some computers need a USB sound card in order for you to hear NVDA

while running the Windows PE.

If this is the case, you can get one from WalMart for around $10.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn / Lenny" <glennervin@...>

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Bentley" <bentleyj1952@...>

I would love to know what that computer tech meant by taking out a small
piece!

try looking for a software called konboot that should allow you to log in
those accounts with a password and remove them I think.
otherwise you may have to re--install windows thus removing everything on
the system and starting from scratch.

Legend has it that on Friday 11/15/2019 10:23 PM, Marty Hutchings said:
I have a used computer that a neighbor gave me.  It is a Windows7 OS.
It has 3 password protected user accounts on it that are using
2/3 of the hard drive space.  I don't know the passwords.  Is there any
way that I can remove these accounts?  Can this computer be restored to
factory fresh without a Windows 7 disk?

Glenn / Lenny

If it is a USB thumb drive or other external drive, it may be impossible to know if it booted without sound.
On a DVD disk, one would hear the disk drive doing a lot of spinning.
Sometimes it rattles like a machine gun as it picks bits of loading information.
Glenn

[...]

Wouldn't an external USB sound card also need drivers installed? Why wouldn't you hear NVDA through the default sound card and your speakers?

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

[...]

I've never had Win PE not detect the internal sound card.
Glenn