Topics

moderated use of Jump to Line feature in web pages

Van Lant, Robin

I’m curious how people use the Jump to line option in virtual view.   Do you see a benefit of this over setting a place marker?    It’s a new feature since moving to JAWS, so just wondering how to use it to my advantage.

Robin

Windows 10, JAWS 2020

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Dean Martineau

The big reason that was instituted is to support the OnMouseOver keystroke, ctrl+shift+enter. When you use that keystroke on an OnMouseOver element, if JAWS detects a change, it will say, “Change at line xx.” So you use J and type that line number to see if the change is of any benefit.

I hadn’t thought of using that feature as a sort of place marker replacement. I don’t know how many line numbers I could retain at my age!

Dean