moderated Uninstalling JFW22 because of bug with recent update

Murray Peat <murraytp@...>

Hi people,

I have been using JFW22 with MS Dynamics and this worked fine up until I downloaded the latest update today. Now some drop down menus don’t work properly and forms mode is doing some weird stuff. Anyway, I still have the .exe file from the previous JFW22 version that worked just fine. My question is, how do I remove the current version of JFW so I can reinstall the former version. I can find no uninstall option in the JFW menus but before I take the option of using the Windows add / remove program I wanted to ask if I had missed something or if there is some more info I need to be aware of. I will have a sighted I T person on hand tomorrow so Just want to know what I should tell him to do.

I have seen things like, look for an .exe in the Freedom Scientific folder and other solutions and I am just a bit stuck as to know what to do to clear out the current version so I can start afresh with the version that does work.

If it is useful, I am using Windows 10 Enterprise

Thanks kindly

Murray

Bill White

Hi, Murray. Go ahead and use the Windows uninstall tool to remove JAWS 2022. When it gives a check box for removing shared components, make sure this is not checked. You don't want to remove shared components, or it will mess up not only JAWS, but any other apps that share components with JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...