unable to find the enhancements tab on the speeker property page.

Shankar.C

Dear list,

on the del 5482 2in1 convertible machine, I’m unable to get the enhancements tab on the speaker property page.

I tried with different drivers like real tech, max audio pro and so on but no results.

Can someone please help me to get back the enhancements tab on the device.

By the way, Using the jaws 2021.

Phillip Gross

Which audio driver are you currently using? That tab is there with some drivers but not with others. I had an issue where I reinstalled the Realtek driver that included MaxxAudio and that tab disappeared. When I Googled it, I learned that the enhancements tab wasn't included in that version of the driver. As soon as I went back to the High Definition driver, I got it back.

Shankar.C

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick response.

Driver details are as follows

Speakers, Realtek(R) Audio, Default Device

Kindly share the actual driver which contains enhancements

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Phillip Gross
Sent: 18 September 2021 06:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: unable to find the enhancements tab on the speeker property page.

Which audio driver are you currently using? That tab is there with some drivers but not with others. I had an issue where I reinstalled the Realtek driver that included MaxxAudio and that tab disappeared. When I Googled it, I learned that the enhancements tab wasn't included in that version of the driver. As soon as I went back to the High Definition driver, I got it back.

Phillip Gross

I’m currently on my iPad, but the driver that you’re looking for is included in windows. It’s the High Definition Audio driver.

Shankar.C

I can understand, I will try to find the driver myself, if time permits, Please mention the version

Sent: 19 September 2021 12:51 PM

I’m currently on my iPad, but the driver that you’re looking for is included in windows. It’s the High Definition Audio driver.

Dave Durber

Shankar:

The instructions below,will take you to the advanced tab, under the Device Properties for your device, as long as you have the appropriate software installed, which has the Advanced Tab included.

1. Tap the Windows Key, and type:

adjust Volume

After you type the first 3 letters of adjust, JAWS should say, "adjust Volume System Settings". Press ENTER, to open it.

2. Tap the TAB key until JAWS says, "Related Settings sound Settings link". Press ENTER to open the link. The item which JAWS announces, should be the output device which Windows is using.

3. TAB once, to highlight the "Device Properties link". Press ENTER, to open the link.

4. Pres, SHIFT+TAB, until you hear JAWS say, "Additional Properties link". Press ENTER, to open the link.

5. Press CTRL+SHIFT+TAB twice, you should land on the "Advance Tab".

6. If you make any changes and you want to save them, TAB to the "Apply" button and press the SPACE BAR, or, use the Windows short cut keystroke, Press ALT+A.

7. TAB to the "OK" button and either Press the SPACE BAR or, the ENTER key, to close the window.

8. Press ALT+F4, to close the "Adjust Volume" program.

HTH

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2021 3:59 PM

Hi there,

Mike B.

One thing I've noticed over the years using Realtek soundcards is the Enhancements tab only comes with the Realtek soundcard driver that includes the equalizer.  Do a search for,
Realtek High Definition Audio soundcard driver

Or click on the link below,

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 3:30 PM

Shankar:

The instructions below,will take you to the advanced tab, under the Device Properties for your device, as long as you have the appropriate software installed, which has the Advanced Tab included.

1. Tap the Windows Key, and type:

adjust Volume

After you type the first 3 letters of adjust, JAWS should say, "adjust Volume System Settings". Press ENTER, to open it.

2. Tap the TAB key until JAWS says, "Related Settings sound Settings link". Press ENTER to open the link. The item which JAWS announces, should be the output device which Windows is using.

3. TAB once, to highlight the "Device Properties link". Press ENTER, to open the link.

4. Pres, SHIFT+TAB, until you hear JAWS say, "Additional Properties link". Press ENTER, to open the link.

5. Press CTRL+SHIFT+TAB twice, you should land on the "Advance Tab".

6. If you make any changes and you want to save them, TAB to the "Apply" button and press the SPACE BAR, or, use the Windows short cut keystroke, Press ALT+A.

7. TAB to the "OK" button and either Press the SPACE BAR or, the ENTER key, to close the window.

8. Press ALT+F4, to close the "Adjust Volume" program.

HTH

Dave

Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2021 3:59 PM

Hi there,

Phillip Gross

Keep in mind that the process I am about to give you will make your inturnal speakers sound quieter and tinny. If you want to switch to High Definition Audio, go to the device manager, go to Realtek audio in sounds, go to properties and update driver, Select find on computer, uncheck the show only compadible hardware box, and under microsoft you will find High Definition Audio. Install that.