moderated two Microsoft word questions.

Jim Rawls

Hi all,

First, I am writing a word document, and I want to replace a person’s name with a different name. Isn’t there a way to find the name in the document, and replace it  with another? I thought there was a key stroke to use to find the word  you want    to replace.

Second, what is the key stroke to do a  wordcount in a document? I am using jaws 2021 office 2019 and windows ten. Jim

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

The find and replace command is control+h. The first box is what you what to find; tab to the next box and put in your replace it with. Then, Alt-a will replace all.
If anything goes south on you, control+z is your friend.

I think you can get to word count with alt+r then w.
I'm away from my computer, so cannot double check that.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." -- Jane Wagner

website:  www.turner42.com

(Sent with my blue iPhone 13 Pro)

On Oct 8, 2021, at 8:15 PM, Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@...> wrote:

Hi all,

First, I am writing a word document, and I want to replace a person’s name with a different name. Isn’t there a way to find the name in the document, and replace it  with another? I thought there was a key stroke to use to find the word  you want    to replace.

Second, what is the key stroke to do a  wordcount in a document? I am using jaws 2021 office 2019 and windows ten. Jim

Adrian Spratt

For the word count, I press control-shift-g. Arrow down through the details. Press escape to exit.

First, I am writing a word document, and I want to replace a person’s name with a different name. Isn’t there a way to find the name in the document, and replace it  with another? I thought there was a key stroke to use to find the word  you want    to replace.

Second, what is the key stroke to do a  wordcount in a document? I am using jaws 2021 office 2019 and windows ten. Jim

CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...>

I’m not sure I’m understanding the first part of your message properly, but if you are already in a Word document and want to find and change a word, then use control h and type the word you want to change. Then use the tab key to find the edit field where you want to type the alternative word. You can choose to do this just once or make the changes for every occurrence. Then tab to ok.

Alison

change

First, I am writing a word document, and I want to replace a person’s name with a different name. Isn’t there a way to find the name in the document, and replace it  with another? I thought there was a key stroke to use to find the word  you want    to replace.

Second, what is the key stroke to do a  wordcount in a document? I am using jaws 2021 office 2019 and windows ten. Jim

CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...>

Thanks guys for these shortcuts.

I belong to a creative writing group and we often have to write pieces which are word-limited and until I saw these suggestions, the only way I could do this was by using f6.

Alison

For the word count, I press control-shift-g. Arrow down through the details. Press escape to exit.

First, I am writing a word document, and I want to replace a person’s name with a different name. Isn’t there a way to find the name in the document, and replace it  with another? I thought there was a key stroke to use to find the word  you want    to replace.

Second, what is the key stroke to do a  wordcount in a document? I am using jaws 2021 office 2019 and windows ten. Jim

Adrian Spratt

Two minor additions. First, as Richard (I think it was) said, once you’ve typed the search and replacement terms, the shortcut to search and replace all terms is alt-a.

Second, to get out of search-and-replace, I find I need to press the escape key twice.