moderated Trouble With Spectrum Webmail

Robbie Curtis

Hey Everyone,

Are any of you using Spectrum’s internet webmail? When I tried to compose a message I can fill in all of the fields except the message body field that doesn’t show up. I tried to do a test message without a body and got an error message saying that the message couldn’t be sent without a body or attachment.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2022 Thanks.

Glenn / Lenny

My guess is that you need to go into the settings of the web account, and set it to HTML.

My ISP, when it provided eMail, used something called ajax for the default, and I couldn't use it until I switched to HTML layout.

HTH.

Glenn

On 1/1/2022 1:44 PM, Robbie Curtis wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Are any of you using Spectrum’s internet webmail? When I tried to compose a message I can fill in all of the fields except the message body field that doesn’t show up. I tried to do a test message without a body and got an error message saying that the message couldn’t be sent without a body or attachment.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2022 Thanks.

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

I have mostly had bad luck with web mail interfaces. Thus, I tend to use Windows Mail, Thunderbird, or Microsoft Outlook to process my emails. While you are definitely looking at a nonvisual access issue with Spectrum Webmail, and while you most definitely can complain about this to Spectrum, the quickest way around this is just to use an accessible email client.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

From: "Curtis Chong"
To: main@jfw.groups.io, jfw@groups.io
Cc: Hi Curtis,

I usually use Outlook for my emails however I had to call Spectrum on a whole other issue and decided to ask about an email issue unrelated to this one.

The rep asked me to go online to send a test email and the body field did not show using Edge or Chrome. Since then I decided to try Firefox and that browser did show the body but it was in a frame.

Believe me, I don't use the web versions that often unless I have to do something very quickly.

Thanks again and have an awesome day!

[...]

I do appreciate that you have identified an accessibility issue for the blind. I am glad you have access to at least three different browsers in Windows. These days, this is the most effective way to deal with the kind of issues you describe here.

With kind regards,

Curtis Chong

Are any of you using Spectrum’s internet webmail? When I tried to compose a message I can fill in all of the fields except the message body field that doesn’t show up. I tried to do a test message without a body and got an error message saying that the message couldn’t be sent without a body or attachment.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2022 Thanks.

meow meow

well firefox does not work very well to me

Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2022 1:21 PM

I do appreciate that you have identified an accessibility issue for the blind. I am glad you have access to at least three different browsers in Windows. These days, this is the most effective way to deal with the kind of issues you describe here.

With kind regards,

Curtis Chong

Are any of you using Spectrum’s internet webmail? When I tried to compose a message I can fill in all of the fields except the message body field that doesn’t show up. I tried to do a test message without a body and got an error message saying that the message couldn’t be sent without a body or attachment.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2022 Thanks.

meow meow

Curtis
what kind of window mail?
Winodw live??
I am using window live but it  that it not hoing update anymore
soon as I getting new computer that I going get different email I am think to use thunderbird if going work out for me that I do not like gmail because have to scroll down  so far
Rosie

Are any of you using Spectrum’s internet webmail? When I tried to compose a message I can fill in all of the fields except the message body field that doesn’t show up. I tried to do a test message without a body and got an error message saying that the message couldn’t be sent without a body or attachment.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2022 Thanks.

Joseph Hudson

Well you shouldn't have to use their web version to send a test email. I use spectrum email and I don't use the web version unless I really want to. But the majority of the time, I run all of my mail through my computer through its native mail programs.

Are any of you using Spectrum’s internet webmail? When I tried to compose a message I can fill in all of the fields except the message body field that doesn’t show up. I tried to do a test message without a body and got an error message saying that the message couldn’t be sent without a body or attachment.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2022 Thanks.

Bill White

Hi, Rosie. Curtis has said that he is using the Mail app that comes with Windows 10. This is not Windows Live, which is a very old mail app, and must be installed. The Windows Mail app is a program that already comes with Windows 10.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I am using window live but it  that it not hoing update anymore

soon as I getting new computer that I going get different email I am think to use thunderbird if going work out for me that I do not like gmail because have to scroll down  so far

Rosie

Are any of you using Spectrum’s internet webmail? When I tried to compose a message I can fill in all of the fields except the message body field that doesn’t show up. I tried to do a test message without a body and got an error message saying that the message couldn’t be sent without a body or attachment.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2022 Thanks.

meow meow

oh ok thanks
but would it last??? who knows lol
 just like window live gone out

[...]

Yes, Rosie, it would last, because if it ships as an installed program with Windows 10, Microsoft either has to keep it updated, or put something new in its place. It's not like a third-party program like Windows Live Mail, that can just stop updating or offering the program, because the company doesn't find it economically feasible to continue working on the program. Also, even if the Mail app in Windows were to go away, there's always the Outlook mail app in Microsoft Office.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

the outlook mail that I understand to have to pay month for it right?

[...]

You can do one of three things. You can buy it outright, in which case, you don't continue to pay for it, or you can pay for it monthly, or you can pay for a one-year subscription. The reason many people pay for it every month is that the cost is then broken into more manageable bites.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

how much it cost to pay it?
thanks so much for your help

[...]

Michael Walker

You could also consider Mozilla Thunderbird which is free, if you try Windows 10 Mail and don’t like it.

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

Hi, Rosie. I don't know what the yearly cost is, but it's $12 per month for Microsoft 365 Standard.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

As an aside for those who do not have an intense aversion to webmail, almost all of the webmail from "the big companies" such as Google, Yahoo, and the like can and do behave just like email clients these days with regard to allowing the creation of accounts in them that are completely outside their own ecosystems.  Gone are the days when you had to forward messages from one email address to another in order to "wedge it in."  When you respond from a message sent to a given account, it also goes out with the address for that account as it's "from," not that of the particular webmail provider where you've tucked that account in among all your others.