From: turab chimthanawala [mailto:turabhvc@gmail.com]
To: jfw <jfw@groups.io>
Date: Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:07 PM
Subject: Trouble with selecting deleting text with JAWS 2021
Dear all,
I use JAWS 2021 on a Windows 10 machine.
In notepad, JAWS does not speak when I either read/ select word by
word or I back space to delete some text.
Only option is to restart JAWS. However, this problem occurs
repeatedly, making restarting an irritating option.
I have updated to the latest update of JAWS 2021.
Please guide.
Thanks
Best
Turab

.

turab chimthanawala

Thankyou!

On 3/15/21, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:
a bit late, but try unloading and reloading JAWS. if that doesn't fix
the problem, try maximizing Notepad's window. press alt+spacebar and x.

I use JAWS 2021 on a Windows 10 machine.
In notepad, JAWS does not speak when I either read/ select word by
word or I back space to delete some text.
Only option is to restart JAWS. However, this problem occurs
repeatedly, making restarting an irritating option.
I have updated to the latest update of JAWS 2021.
Please guide.
Thanks
Best
Turab

.

turab chimthanawala

Hi Mario,
I tried both the things: reinstalling JAWS as also maximising Notepad
to fit the whole screen.
The issue strangely persists.
Best
Turab