Topics

moderated Trouble Reading Text in Notepad

Steve Matzura

Whether it's just a plain old text file and JAWS is set to translate to Grade Two Braille, or it's a braille file, in which case I set JAWS to show it in computer braille, everything always starts in cell 2 on my Focus 40 Blue. Why is this, and how can I fix it? I've been a braille display owner for over five years, and it's always been this way.

JM Casey

That is strange. I have a focus, too, an older one though without the "scratch pad" or whatever they call it. I do not have this happening and cell 1 is certainly being utilised. I now have a broken dot in the middle that's stuck in the up position -- a no doubt mechanical issue I'll need to have resolved at some point, but obviously that's a different sort of thing.
So you're not missing any characters, all lines just start one cell in?
All the time? Do you ever get any character in cell 1 at all?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: September 6, 2020 1:44 PM
To: JFW <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Trouble Reading Text in Notepad

Whether it's just a plain old text file and JAWS is set to translate to Grade Two Braille, or it's a braille file, in which case I set JAWS to show it in computer braille, everything always starts in cell 2 on my Focus 40 Blue. Why is this, and how can I fix it? I've been a braille display owner for over five years, and it's always been this way.