Topics

moderated Too much verbage

Morey Worthington

Hi all, using Jaws 2020  on a W10 2004 desktop machine.

Here is my example, whether something can be done or not, If  I want to delete a .txt file, Jaws asks me if I want to  do this, which is just fine.  Annd now the really bothersome thing, Jaws goes right back to the thing I want to delete and says the title over again. Can I get it to just do the delete thing and move on? Then it goes on its merry way. Is there a setting somewhere I can not have it do this?

Or is it just my old age getting the best of me?

Thanks

Morey Worthington

Richard Turner

Yu may want to check the verbosity level.
Open the settings center with insert+6.
If you want it for all situations, and tnot just the app yu happen to be in, pressed control+shift+d for default.
Type verbosity in the search box and arrow down.
You should have 8 search results, arrow down to speech verbosity and if it is on beginner, press space t and try intermediate, and if that is not what you want, another space takes you to advance, which is the least amount of feedback.
I hope that is the answer.

Richard

Hi all, using Jaws 2020  on a W10 2004 desktop machine.

Here is my example, whether something can be done or not, If  I want to delete a .txt file, Jaws asks me if I want to  do this, which is just fine.  Annd now the really bothersome thing, Jaws goes right back to the thing I want to delete and says the title over again. Can I get it to just do the delete thing and move on? Then it goes on its merry way. Is there a setting somewhere I can not have it do this?

Or is it just my old age getting the best of me?

Thanks

Morey Worthington

Chris Hill

Interesting.  I turned on my confirmation dialog and tried it with the beta.  after I hit y, it just announced the name of the next file in the list.  The weird thing is that when I have the dialog turned off, i get silence after I hit the delete key.  I suspect your situation may be due to a different jaws version than I have, or perhaps your computer is a bit on the slow side or something.  There is a text out delay setting in misc settings in settings center.  I'd try putting a small number in there if it is set to 0, it might just help.

CH