Topics

moderated Too Much Repeated Information in Outlook 2016

Barbara Sheinbein

Hi Everyone,

I have a Windows 10 computer, use JAWS 2020, and Office 2016 on a laptop.

When I use the up/down arrow in the Inbox of Outlook, I am hearing repeated phrases.

I hear either:

If there are problems with how this is displayed, then open in a browser

line breaks have been removed

I may of not gotten the wording perfect above.  Smile.

Most of the time it prevents JAWS from reading the information for the message in the message list and I have to have JAWS repeat that message in the Inbox.  I do not know if this is a JAWS issue or an Office 2016  issue.  I have Office 2013 on a different computer with all else the same and I do not hear this.  How to get rid of the extra chatter?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Richard Turner

It sounds like the reading pane is on.

Here is how to turn it off.

To turn off the Reading Pane:   On the View tab, in the Layout group, select Reading Pane, and then select Off.

Richard

I have a Windows 10 computer, use JAWS 2020, and Office 2016 on a laptop.

When I use the up/down arrow in the Inbox of Outlook, I am hearing repeated phrases.

I hear either:

If there are problems with how this is displayed, then open in a browser

line breaks have been removed

I may of not gotten the wording perfect above.  Smile.

Most of the time it prevents JAWS from reading the information for the message in the message list and I have to have JAWS repeat that message in the Inbox.  I do not know if this is a JAWS issue or an Office 2016  issue.  I have Office 2013 on a different computer with all else the same and I do not hear this.  How to get rid of the extra chatter?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Dan Longmore

As suggested most likely the reading pain is on or some other outlook setting has changed. Sometimes after an update I’ve noticed a certain outlook settings can change.

On May 31, 2020, at 2:04 AM, Barbara Sheinbein <sheinbeinb@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a Windows 10 computer, use JAWS 2020, and Office 2016 on a laptop.

When I use the up/down arrow in the Inbox of Outlook, I am hearing repeated phrases.

I hear either:

If there are problems with how this is displayed, then open in a browser

line breaks have been removed

I may of not gotten the wording perfect above.  Smile.

Most of the time it prevents JAWS from reading the information for the message in the message list and I have to have JAWS repeat that message in the Inbox.  I do not know if this is a JAWS issue or an Office 2016  issue.  I have Office 2013 on a different computer with all else the same and I do not hear this.  How to get rid of the extra chatter?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Jason White

Resetting the view to the default might also solve it.

On 5/31/20 11:11 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

[...]

Mario

for my notes, how is that accomplished?

Resetting the view to the default might also solve it.

On 5/31/20 11:11 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

It sounds like the reading pane is on.

Here is how to turn it off.

*To turn off the Reading Pane:*   On the *View* tab, in the
*Layout* group, select *Reading Pane*, and then select *Off*.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland,
Oregon.