Topics

moderated Thunderbird

Marianne Denning

I am running JAWS 2020 and the latest version of Thunderbird. If there is an attachment on the email message JAWS always tells me some content has been blocked for security purposes. Is there any way to stop this message? I have found a work-around by tabbing and then using shift tab and it is fine but I would like a better and simpler way.

Remote Content in Messages | Thunderbird Help

I can't tell any individual "how loose" to be with allowing remote content, and if you read that page you'll see that the granularity with which you can regulate it is significant.  You can go all the way to "wide open/allow all" or virtually anywhere in between.

I went "wide open" myself long ago.  But that's my personal choice.  Read what is on the referenced page and make the tweak the settings in a way that makes you comfortable yet minimizes unnecessary nagging.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss