Topics

moderated the word is com in the dictionary entry.

David Ingram

Hi mike the word is com in the jaws dictionary for internet explore. I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

Mike B

Hi David,

What do you want Jaws to say instead of the word, com?  Or, do you just want to remove this word, com , from the dictionary?
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but in order to give you exact steps I need to know the particulars.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2020 5:52 PM
Subject: the word is com in the dictionary entry.

Hi mike the word is com in the jaws dictionary for internet explore.  I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

David Ingram

I'm wondering if I can just take the com out of the jaws dictionary entry altogether?  I think that is what I actually need to do.  How do I get rid of the entry in the jaws dictionary entry for internet explore?  Thank you for your help concerning all my questions.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sep 3, 2020 8:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the word is com in the dictionary entry.

Hi David,

What do you want Jaws to say instead of the word, com?  Or, do you just want to remove this word, com , from the dictionary?
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but in order to give you exact steps I need to know the particulars.

Hi mike the word is com in the jaws dictionary for internet explore.  I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

Mario

David, all you need to do is select the entry and press alt+d to delete. then spacebar on the yes button to acknowledge that you want to do this, and then press control+s to save the change or press alt+f4 and spacebar on the yes button to save the change.

-------- Original Message --------
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, September 4, 2020, 3:53 AM
I'm wondering if I can just take the com out of the jaws dictionary
entry altogether?  I think that is what I actually need to do.  How do I
get rid of the entry in the jaws dictionary entry for internet explore?
Thank you for your help concerning all my questions.

Hi David,
What do you want Jaws to say instead of the word, com?  Or, do you
just want to remove this word, com , from the dictionary?
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but in order to give you exact
steps I need to know the particulars.

*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Sent:* Thursday, September 03, 2020 5:52 PM
*Subject:* the word is com in the dictionary entry.

Hi mike the word is com in the jaws dictionary for internet
explore.  I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

Mike B

Here you go:
1. Open Internet Explorer and press, Insert + D, to open the IE Jaws dictionary file.

2. Tab to the Tree View of languages and below the language folders are the entries that are put in manually.  So, either down arrow or use first letter navigation to the, com , entry and with, com , highlighted, tab to the, Delete, button and press the spacebar.

3. Spacebar the, Yes, button to confirm you want to delete, now press, Control + S, to save and Alt + F4 to close.  Or, just press, Alt + F4, to close and spacebar the, Yes, button to confirm the change and save / close.
Note:  If you can't find just the word, com , it might have a dot or period in front of it to suppress Jaws from saying, .com.

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2020 12:53 AM

I'm wondering if I can just take the com out of the jaws dictionary entry altogether?  I think that is what I actually need to do.  How do I get rid of the entry in the jaws dictionary entry for internet explore?  Thank you for your help concerning all my questions.

Hi David,

David Ingram

thank you mike it worked the entry is gone.

Sent: Sep 4, 2020 11:44 AM

Here you go:
1. Open Internet Explorer and press, Insert + D, to open the IE Jaws dictionary file.

2. Tab to the Tree View of languages and below the language folders are the entries that are put in manually.  So, either down arrow or use first letter navigation to the, com , entry and with, com , highlighted, tab to the, Delete, button and press the spacebar.

3. Spacebar the, Yes, button to confirm you want to delete, now press, Control + S, to save and Alt + F4 to close.  Or, just press, Alt + F4, to close and spacebar the, Yes, button to confirm the change and save / close.
Note:  If you can't find just the word, com , it might have a dot or period in front of it to suppress Jaws from saying, .com.

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2020 12:53 AM

Hi David,