Topics

moderated testing to see if the bounce issue is fixed.

Richard Turner

I got a message from groups.io that my messages were bouncing.

Very strange.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Madison Martin

Hi Richard,

You came through!!! I had this same issue, it was something that my ISP had to fix on their end, it’s not something that groups.io can fix. Your ISP is likely viewing certain messages as spam so they’re being blocked. In the bounce message there’s a link that you can click on to view the error messages that groups..io receives, send your ISP a list of the email address (s) that are in the error messages, and ask your ISP to check and see if groups.io is on any internet black lists, if it is then ask them to remove it from such lists, hopefully they’re willing to look into it for you!!! Good luck, hope you can get the problem fixed once and for all!!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: October 9, 2020 4:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: testing to see if the bounce issue is fixed.

Very strange.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Richard Turner

Thanks Madison,
I went to the link in the Groups.io message and clicked on the link to unblock the account and that worked apparently, or I would not have gotten my test message or your reply.
But, if this persists, I will contact my ISP.
Later,

Richard

On Oct 9, 2020, at 3:36 PM, Madison Martin <maddymartin@...> wrote:

Hi Richard,

You came through!!! I had this same issue, it was something that my ISP had to fix on their end, it’s not something that groups.io can fix. Your ISP is likely viewing certain messages as spam so they’re being blocked. In the bounce message there’s a link that you can click on to view the error messages that groups..io receives, send your ISP a list of the email address (s) that are in the error messages, and ask your ISP to check and see if groups.io is on any internet black lists, if it is then ask them to remove it from such lists, hopefully they’re willing to look into it for you!!! Good luck, hope you can get the problem fixed once and for all!!

Very strange.

Richard

Madison Martin

I hope it’s just a one-time thing, but based on mine, I wouldn’t be surprised if it continues. Clicking on that link works, but it doesn’t solve the issue.

Sent: October 9, 2020 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: testing to see if the bounce issue is fixed.

Thanks Madison,

I went to the link in the Groups.io message and clicked on the link to unblock the account and that worked apparently, or I would not have gotten my test message or your reply.

But, if this persists, I will contact my ISP.

Later,

Richard

On Oct 9, 2020, at 3:36 PM, Madison Martin <maddymartin@...> wrote:

Hi Richard,

Very strange.

Richard

Robin Frost

Hi,

I wonder if they had an issue because I got that message the other day as did another friend of mine.  Ever since all seems to have returned to normal here.

Take good care.

Robin

On 10/9/2020 5:54 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

Very strange.

Richard