moderated temporary increasing or decreasing verbosity

Mark

Is there a shortcut key to increase or decrease verbosity levels, like there is for increasing or decreasing speech rate?

I can't find any, and that's even in the JAWS Help System.

If this is wanted for when you're using a specific application, you can create an application specific profile with a different verbosity level than your default for everything else in the Settings Center.

    ~ William Plomer

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Actually, there is a keystroke, but it is undefined, so you would need to define a key.

If you Press F2, then down to Keyboard Manager, then select Default, then tab, then go down a couple of times, you will see “Adjust JAWS Verbosity” but there is no keystroke bound to it in the default keymap.

Just define that to what you want, and you can, well, adjust JAWS verbosity.

All the best

Steve

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

I can't find any, and that's even in the JAWS Help System.

If this is wanted for when you're using a specific application, you can create an application specific profile with a different verbosity level than your default for everything else in the Settings Center.

    ~ William Plomer

Steve,

        Good to know, but that leaves the question as to whether the changes would be temporary or not, which was one of the things I was focusing on from the original question.

         It's still really handy to know there's a more direct way to get to verbosity settings, but I suspect any changes made would remain in effect even if you were to exit from JAWS and start it up again.  The other increase/decrease temporarily options vanish, and you go back to whatever you had set as your defaults, when you exit and restart JAWS.

    ~ William Plomer

Steve Nutt

Hi Brian,

I believe they are temporary.

If you want to customise verbosity permanently, then you are best doing it in Settings.

All the best

Steve

All the best

steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

        Good to know, but that leaves the question as to whether the changes would be temporary or not, which was one of the things I was focusing on from the original question.

         It's still really handy to know there's a more direct way to get to verbosity settings, but I suspect any changes made would remain in effect even if you were to exit from JAWS and start it up again.  The other increase/decrease temporarily options vanish, and you go back to whatever you had set as your defaults, when you exit and restart JAWS.

    ~ William Plomer

Mark

Steve, the approach you describe is faster for changing user verbosity than going through the Quick Settings.  Thank you. Punctuation changes didn't get remembered, though.  I wonder if it be nice to have verbosity profiles, like voice profiles or speech and sound schemes?

Steve Nutt

Yep would be good.  Even better would be if you could customise the High, Medium and Low, then save them to different names.

All the best

Steve

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

Steve, the approach you describe is faster for changing user verbosity than going through the Quick Settings.  Thank you. Punctuation changes didn't get remembered, though.  I wonder if it be nice to have verbosity profiles, like voice profiles or speech and sound schemes?

Ben Moxey

Hey everyone

Mark, you can cycle the punctuation level for the active speech profile in JAWS 2021 and beyond by pressing the JAWS key + Shift + 2 (on the number row). Of course, it will revert to your default when you restart JAWS, unless you make changes in Settings Centre.

Cheers

Ben

Steve, the approach you describe is faster for changing user verbosity than going through the Quick Settings.  Thank you. Punctuation changes didn't get remembered, though.  I wonder if it be nice to have verbosity profiles, like voice profiles or speech and sound schemes?

Mark

Thanks Ben. I'm trying it now