From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:05 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: TCM and JAWS

I’m wondering if anyone can offer suggestions.  Last week TCM (Turner Classic Movie) network changed their website.  The daily movie schedule, which used to be accessible with JAWS, now isn’t.  I had a sighted friend check and it’s on the screen.  I tried copy and paste and then tried to print but all that resulted was a huge sheaf of paper going through the printer, evidently not detectable by my scanner!

TCM’s website is tcm.com.

This is hardly a significant issue but still I’d be glad of any help.

Don

Don Walls

Bill, thanks for your response.  I had been using Internet Explorer but with your suggestion I tried Google Chrome.  Like you, I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2020.  With Google Chrome I could read more of the website but must admit had difficulty getting around the site and finding what I wanted.

I live in Canada but I may take you up on your offer and phone at a later time.

Many thanks for your quick responses.

Don

Hi, Don. I just used Google Chrome, Windows 10, and JAWS 2020 to read the TCM schedule, and it was accessible to me.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I’m wondering if anyone can offer suggestions.  Last week TCM (Turner Classic Movie) network changed their website.  The daily movie schedule, which used to be accessible with JAWS, now isn’t.  I had a sighted friend check and it’s on the screen.  I tried copy and paste and then tried to print but all that resulted was a huge sheaf of paper going through the printer, evidently not detectable by my scanner!

TCM’s website is tcm.com.

This is hardly a significant issue but still I’d be glad of any help.

Don

David Diamond

I’ve not used Internet explorer for a long time.  I got tired of the prompt from websites that it was outdated and suggested to use Google or Firefox.  Edge is more like Google now so I use Edge primarily as my browser.