From: mona [mailto:preshusdelight@gmail.com]
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Date: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 4:38 AM
Subject: suggestions
When I am searching for something using google chrome, it tries to
predict what I am searching for and it is usually right but I’d like to
not have any suggestion.  How can I stop that from happening?

Last question:  I’d like to create a signature and would like to know
how.  I am using JAWS 2021, windows ten, and a laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Mona

Glenn / Lenny

I use startpage.com as my search engine, and it sends your search through
Google and brings you the results, so you don't have to deal with Google
tracking what you are searching for.
startpage.com is my home page and you won't get that predictive fill in the
blank crap.
Glenn

last I recall, there wasn't a way to disable the prediction feature.

for what program do you want to create a signature for?

When I am searching for something using google chrome, it tries to
predict what I am searching for and it is usually right but I’d like to
not have any suggestion. How can I stop that from happening?

Last question: I’d like to create a signature and would like to know
how. I am using JAWS 2021, windows ten, and a laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Mona

JM Casey

Go to the chrome settings menu. Select advanced settings. Go to privacy. Then uncheck the “use a predictive service to help with searches and urls in address bar”.

When I am searching for something using google chrome, it tries to predict what I am searching for and it is usually right but I’d like to not have any suggestion.  How can I stop that from happening?

Last question:  I’d like to create a signature and would like to know how.  I am using JAWS 2021, windows ten, and a laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Mona

Loy

I could not find the setting mentioned below. I would also like to stop the suggestions.

 --
JFW related links:
JFW List instructions:

_._,_._,_

In the latest versions of Chrome, autocomplete is handled in the You and Google Pane, Sync & Google Services control

1. Open Chrome Settings, ALT+F,S

2. Navigate to the You and Google Pane (which is actually where you should have landed when Settings opens), and once in the Pane itself navigate to Sync & Google Services control, and activate it

3. Navigate to the toggle for, Autocomplete searches and URLs, and toggle it off.

This will not prevent the "previously visited" list from appearing beneath the address bar as you type, but it prevents anything from autocompleting in the address bar itself as you type.

           ~ André Gide

Mike B

This is what i found to work:

1. With Chrome open press, Alt + F, to open the menues and press the letter, S, to open settings.

2. Down arrow to You and Google menu, press enter, now tab to, Sync and Google Services, and press enter.

3. Tab to,  Autocomplete searches and URLs button, and make sure this does not say, Pressed.  If it says, Pressed, bress the spacebar so you hear, toggle button not pressed, or something similar.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I could not find the setting mentioned below. I would also like to stop the suggestions.
Go to the chrome settings menu. Select advanced settings. Go to privacy. Then uncheck the “use a predictive service to help with searches and urls in address bar”.

 --
JFW related links:
JFW List instructions:

Mike B

Sorry Folks,

I didn't see Brian's post.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I could not find the setting mentioned below. I would also like to stop the suggestions.
Go to the chrome settings menu. Select advanced settings. Go to privacy. Then uncheck the “use a predictive service to help with searches and urls in address bar”.

 --
JFW related links:
JFW List instructions:

mona

Thanks everyone.

Mona

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi,

Just a note for this thread, when you are dealing with google, Amazon, or even Apple devices, these companies are considered the Big 3 when it comes to gathering data on User experience(UX). Every time you use their website or devices that are connect to the internet, you’re being tracked. Your UX is stored in monster size data warehouses. In other words, through the use of artificial intelligence(AI), you and your friends that you connect with is cross checked and analyzed for patterns(your habits) and they use this auto filling and what pop up advertisements you receive. The only way to cut down on this data gathering is to remove the stored cookies or do not agree to allow cookies and time to time delete your browser cache.