moderated Suddenly, JAWS isn't reading any of my menus

Cynthia Bruce

Hi All,

To my knowledge, I did not do the most recent JAWS update. I was just working away on my Dell laptop, and all of a sudden, during the process of copying some files from my downloads folder, JAWS stopped reading my menus. It reads everything in Outlook, but no file names of folders in my documents or downloads. It isn’t reading anything on the task bar, and it doesn’t even read when I scroll through the window list when I hit shift F 10.

I am running JAWS 2021 and Windows 10. I haven’t shut down in case that does something I can’t undo.

Thanks so much,

Cynthia

Closing all your programs/apps and restarting your computer would be the first think to do, as most likely it will result in restoring normal behaviour.