From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: September 4, 2021 5:14 PM
To: jfw-users@groups.io; main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Success with win 11 and Jaws 2021

Hi, I was having a lot of issues with my win 10 and needed to reinstall.
But I decided to turn off legacy mode in the Bios and enable secure boot and TPM. Did a clean install of windows 11 insider preview and so far all is good! Settings are way different but in some ways better. After some time I think it will be better than win 10. i

    will update if I have any major issues.

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

yes that's correct. But at this point in time most people don't have any use for legacy mode. And I did have to enable secure boot and tPM. But what's weird is after I turned off legacy mode and turned on the Otother two options. my computer boots in about 10 seconds. It is way faster. before I made those three changes it was taking almost a minute to boot and I was really disappointed with the boot speeds after they replace the motherboard that was defective. but now it's awesome! I'm not sure why this is. Other than Legacy mode is just slow.

Randy Barnett

And both SecureBoot and TPM are listed as requirements for Windows 11 so it would seem obvious that both should be enabled and this is exactly the reason why for the first time Microsoft has set out such relatively strict requirements when Windows 11 is released to the public, if you don't have SecureBoost enabled or if you don't have TPM or if your BIOS runs in legacy mode instead of UEFI or if your chip is not new enough Windows 11 will not install.